Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tribute is at 80#... im shooting the ST Axis 300's at 29" which is 310 grains plus vanes inserts and 100 gr. field point would put it at about 440.... i am wondering since i have not chrono'd it yet but am going to sometime soon what i should be looking for, approximately... i was thinking 260-270? im not sure though, hopefully faster than that, and it is also 80% let off if that makes a difference

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
archeryhunterME said:
my tribute is at 80#... im shooting the ST Axis 300's at 29" which is 310 grains plus vanes inserts and 100 gr. field point would put it at about 440.... i am wondering since i have not chrono'd it yet but am going to sometime soon what i should be looking for, approximately... i was thinking 260-270? im not sure though, hopefully faster than that, and it is also 80% let off if that makes a difference
The Archery Program AKA (TAP) shows 288 f/s. This was with the database BPF (Bow performance factor) so I reckon you might actually be a little faster. Bowtechs usually out perform what the listed specs states. If your bow has a similar BPF to mine then you can expect closer to 292 f/s

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i like the sounds of that... i would love to have something that shoots 300fps... but 292 or 290 is close enough...that extra 10 fps wont really hurt me at all when a deer is 10 yards away

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
archeryhunterME said:
well i like the sounds of that... i would love to have something that shoots 300fps... but 292 or 290 is close enough...that extra 10 fps wont really hurt me at all when a deer is 10 yards away

YUP! I always say... "How far into the ground do you want your arrow to go after passing thru the deer?" you have 83 ft/lbs of KE!!!!! I hope you can pull your arrow OUT of the ground after blowing thru the ribs......!!!!!

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well now quartering away shots wont be a problem worrying about hitting the shoulder and stopping.... the 70# extremem VFT went half way through a shoulder..... this way i know it can go through and not worry about the shoulder as much on the opposite side

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also when i go to Chrono the bow, how far away do i shoot from ? is it only 5 or so feet , more or less?

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice... i can hope lol:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts