Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 2006 antelope and first antelope with a bow. I had my wife and kids with me today so that makes it a little sweeter. I was out with the family and I was trying to locate a poper that will probably go mid 70's. We found him and I put the sneek on him as he was all by himself on a north facing hillside. Anyway the wind busted me and we were driving out and I saw this one and he was heading for me so I waited and at 60 yards I was getting ready to draw when he cut to my left and started to cross me diagonally. At 30 yards I barked at him and he stopped and then started walking real slow. I let the MightyMite go and hit him a little back in the liver. I watched him lay down and get up 4 or 5 times and was finally able to get a stalk on him 3.5 hours later and lunged him at 20 yards as he stood from his bed. He went 20 yards and that was it.

Thanks to my wife and kids for sticking it out with me!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
kids...

Attachments

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wifey...

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great Job!

Congrats on a fine animal! It sounds like you really earned it. Why coundn't he just lay down after the first shot like a good little goat? Instead, he wants to play hard to get for the next 3 1/2hrs. I'm glad you were able to get the follow-up shot and claim your trophy. Even more so with your family with you. That is awesome! I have never had the opportunity to hunt antelope, but I would say it would be extremely difficult given all of the vast open area with little cover. I noticed in your profile that you are a paramedic. I, too am a career firefighter/paramedic in the Indianapolis Metropolitan area.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your success and pictures with me. Be safe.

Andrew Hedger
Beech Grove Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Good goat

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Congrats -

Way to go MT!!! :cocktail:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Nice goat, congratulations.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Awesome Man

And you made it a family affair.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Excellent

MTM...Great animal and phenomenal experience. Your family was there to share it all with you....you just can't beat that. Kudos to your wife for hanging in their for the follow-up shot and glad your persistence paid off. Congratulations!!!!

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the kind words guys. I was beat by the time I got to him and got the shot off. It was hotter than hell today so I packed him full of ice and got him caped and put in the cooler at the butcher. I should have the mount in a year or so. Well I bette get to bed. My wife wants to sit in the blind in the morning and watch for whitetails.:tongue:

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
great shot and great story. having the fam with you made it that much sweeter I am sure!

·
Banned
8,395 Posts
congrats. but sorry to say you will have to eat it now.:pukey:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts