Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I have used them work good.Takes a little to get them ajusted have to use a nock cushion below it and a tie on nock above.But a loop does the same but the loop makes your draw longer.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to Archery Talk! Sorry, but I am a little confused by your question, if you are talking about using nok sets as speed nocks near your cams on a new string, these are best set by experimenting with location using a chronograph. They do add speed in most cases if installed in the correct location. If you are talking about using a nok set to determine the location of your arrow on your string, may I suggest using a Tru-Fire Universal Cushion Button, rather than a brass nok, as these do not mar arrow nocks or releases and take the place of a nok set and an eliminator button, plus they will not move if correctly installed as an eliminator button might. They are available from most major archery suppliers, but I think eders.com has the best price at $3.52 per 2 pack. I would suggest using a strand from an old bow string to serve below your nok so your release does not contact and wear on your bow string serving. Hope this answers your question. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually called a speed loop by T.R.U BALL. It just seems like it might make tuning easier and eliminate nock pinch?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Ok a speed loop is a lot differnt than a speed nock.Pay no attintion to my first reply.No speed loop for me. I will just tie on a rope loop.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
Adds weight to your string, tied nock points work better for eliminating nock pinch.
If you use a custom string set and have them adjusted properly, your peep sight will align without any gimmicky stuff.
JMO, but I would not use the metal speed loop on any of my bows.

Kev

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have not used a metal D-loop for the following reasons: if it hits your arm, it may wound you; if it hits your cables, it will damage them. Sorry, they are just not worth the risk. A D-loop of good material (Winners Choice material has worked well for me) has all of the advantages and none of the disadvantages if properly tied. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I also serve inside the D-loop using 4 turns at top & 8 turns at the bottom, leaving ~ 1/32" gap between the bottom of the nock & the top of the bottom serving. I think t his was recommended by a top competitive archer.

Can't remember specifically why I use these #of twists as I've been doing it for a while. Think it had to do with the nock being above the bow C/L, therefore closer to the top cam, resulting in more pressure on top of the nock than from below & the gap is used to avoid nock pinch. Can someone refresh my memory or clear this up (at times it's tough to get older)? How many turns do others use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts