Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the ASA and IBO need to be working toward a reduced speed max. As bows become more efficient, and in my opinion, it should lead to more archers reducing there bow weight. By reducing the draw weight, you level the playing field for more archers. Example; If a person with a 25" - 27" draw could pull a reasonable weight and still achieve the speed max, the long draw archer doesn't have a distinct advantage. You would have less injuries as well. In my opinion, if the speed max increases just because bows are becoming more efficient, naturally for some, the poundage
will have to increase for those short draw people. Who wants to have to pull more weight just to have the same advantage as a long draw person? If you want to pull 80 lbs hunting, fine. But the ability to do so or having a long draw so you can achieve more speed with less lbs should not give you an advantage over the short drawer. I believe
less speed (therefore less poundage) would make archery more fun and would call a greater number of people to the sport. By the way, I think that speed max needs to be 270 +3%. What do you think?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think they should put a height limit in the NBA. Give us under 6" guys a chance.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
just learn to judge yardage better and speedmeans nothing.
yeah i will agree, but why do they enforce the speed limit at these events with a known yardage class? still havent figured that one out

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think they should put a height limit in the NBA. Give us under 6" guys a chance.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Haha this!!!

·
Back Yard Champion
29,713 Posts
Whipped to death issue.

Look at the rules of the organization;
Adults; Basic....
NFAA - 300 fps.
IBO - No speed limit.
ASA - 280 fps for 40 yards and under. 290 fps for 45 yards and over.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Maybe disqualify Stephan Strasburg from MLB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts