Archery Talk Forum banner

Speed or Smoothness?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you couldnt have both... Which would you pick???

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
smooth. all my shots are 20 and under so speed don't matter much.I do shot short brace speed bows but I search out the smoothest draw. then shoot a heavy arrow at about 50 pounds.
smooth quiet and plenty of power.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
smoothness no doubt..........
If it isnt smooth it is not something I would want to draw over and over again to shoot.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I'm not really posative, but I think the smoother the draw the less agressive the cam, so the smoother bow would be my choice because of the accuracy. I mean if your talking comparing two bows that are the same except for speed and smoothness? Same riser, limbs, D/L, D/W, but different cam.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Speed, I prefer the KE advantage, especially with short arms. I'll just have to man-up and suffer through the lack of smoothness, how will I ever survive? :wink:

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
If i had to choose smoothness would win out every time.
Glad I've got my Alphaburner though.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
now speed isnt a feel so idk how to respond.

my bow has both i know that

now if it a bow built only to be fast and feels like the draw is alot and there is no valley and the draw has humps all over the place and shoots like crap. then ill take smooth

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Smoothness wins every time. If you want more speed, crank up the pounds. Don't get some bow with a harsh stiff draw cycle so you can say it "shoots faster" with the same peak draw weight. All your doing is shooting more effective pounds and losing that nice smooth feel. Who wants a big build-up of poundage at the back of the draw cycle where you're the weakest?

Smooth, easy to naturally draw wins, except under IBO rules. Smoother is really faster because you can handle more than enough weight to out-speed a speed bow.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I choose speed and lower the draw weight to a level I can comfortably shoot.

Smooth cams, waste energy.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
This is why I am glad I shoot Elite..."SPEED WITHOUT COMPROMISE".....
The Z28 has a nice DFC.

Almost every other bow's DFC is starting to look nearly identical now-days, even solo-cams, staying at peak as long as possible. Maybe this poll will wake up some bow mfg's.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Z28 has a nice DFC.

Almost every other bow's DFC is starting to look nearly identical now-days, even solo-cams, staying at peak as long as possible. Maybe this poll will wake up some bow mfg's.
Lets hope so. :wink:

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Smooth ain't just about the draw

It's also about the let-down. For me, and me only, if I can't pull it back and let it up without getting jerked around -- that ain't smoth.

I luv smuuuuve!

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ttt

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
not much of speed nut. any where in the 280 fps is fast enough for me. beside i like a smooth draw bow. those speed bow are too much for me to handle.

Bill

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ttt for more votes....

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Smooth over speed any day of the week. Honestly i dont see what the big deal is about speed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts