Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if you don't know the exact speed of your bow, if you can draw it comfortably, it puts meat in the freezer and maybe once in a while a trophy on the wall...I'd say that it is fast enough.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I agree:) you need enough speed to create enough kinetic energy to drive the broadhead far enough to cause major hemorage in the game animal. Spend more time in the field to get to know the travel routes and habits of your quarry so you can get close for a sure shot. I shot a deer at 3 yards once and that was one of my most successful hunts. It was a memorable one too because I was on the ground..

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...I guess I did a bonehead thing! I meant to post a reply to another who was qestioning about their speed and didn't know for sure because they did not have a chronograph. Instead...I guess I hit "New Thread". Sorry for the mistake.

But, by the way? Three yards? Now that is close! That had to be pretty cool! Did you just yank an arrow out of your quiver and stab the deer? (LOL... couldn't help myself!) Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts