Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually two questions for some of you experts. First, I am shooting a 488 grain 2314 arrow, everything included. My draw length is 26" and I am shooting a Mathews Outback at 65#. Any idea how fast I might be shooting. I really don't care all that much I love the bow and shoot it very well, jsut curious. Secondly, Before the Outback I had a Mathews MQ 32. In both cases within a year the draw weight had dropped off significantly, enough so that bottoming the limbs would not be enough to get me back to 65#. Is this normal for the zebra strings? My bow is now out in Missouri being "Crackerized" and I am suspecting strongly that this may become a thing of the past. Any thought on these two matters would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
If your string stretches, you will gain draw weight. If your power cable stretches you will loose draw weight. Zebra strings and cables never stop stretching. If you are happy with the way your bow shoots when you get it back, don't chronograph it. It is seldom that anyone is happy after chrono'ing their bow.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
As cc said, when you get your bow back from cracker, and if you like everything, then don't chrono it. You are shooting a heavy arrow, have a short draw length, and, IMO, the Outback is not a very fast shooting bow. So with all those things I wold not expect to see your arrow going more then the 240 range.

Crackers will do a wonderful job on your bow and he makes a great string!!! It should be shooting like a dream for you when you get it back! I got mine back right around 2 months ago, and love it. BTW, what color strings did you get? I had him make me a neon green and black.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked him to make me an orange and black. The only reason that I question the speed is because I would like to calculate my KE. But knowing that it is about the 240 mark is good enough. I shot 5 deer with it last year, and was happy as all get out with it. The speed thing was as I just said, just for calculation. I love the bow and shoot very well with it. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would guess about the same speed. 240-245 probably. You will be very happy with a crackerized bow. Stretched out strings and cables will be a thing of the past. Somehow crackers always gets a little more speed from everything he touches. The guy is a bow guru genious. I was down to see him the other day and he had some new tool for tuning the Mathews bows also. He has some other outback tricks to make your bow shoot better as well. I bet you will like it. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, I think 240fps may be a little on the high side for a guess. I shot a Mathews Q2 for a little while, with a 28" draw at 64lbs. With carbon arrows and a 100gr FP, I averaged around 245-250fps. Personally, I would guess around 230fps. Of course, I have been wrong before!

However, don't get to hung up on velocities. People have killed deer for decades with bows that would barely break 200fps, so 230-240fps is fast enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.