Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing this riser on Alt. Services. Looks like it might be a tad soft yet able to absorb a lot of vibration. Looks very innovative all over the place. I like that you can order it in different weights, not just length.

Has anybody here shot one. What's good and bad about it. Do you prefer it over another riser?

Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awww...well that sort of puts a pin to my balloon. Well, if I found a deal on one I'd probably get it but also be aware to replace all the bolts with super-high grade ones.

I'm still curious about the performance and arrow clearance. Wasn't enough info on that link to make me decide on those issues(thank-you for that link I.N.!).

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well, don't let it get you down too much. All sorts of risers break, if there was a serious problem with them, I'm sure they would have been recalled.
Replacing the bolts first thing would be quite easy to do (for peace of mind, more than anything else) and shouldn't cost more than a few dollars.

A lot of times, I think these threads cause a lot of amplification of a minor issue. If a few people who have experienced something go back and forth about it, with a few external opinions, at the end of the thread you've got a major problem that might just kill you, your linemates, and your little dog too. =)
Perhaps what I'm saying is, consider, but don't discount the riser completely.

-James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts