Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a formula to tell you if your funning the proper arrow combo???

70# DRAW 28.5 Draw Length
300 series Carbon Force Radial X Weave 27.5"
100 gr field point

My arrows look like they wobble for the first 20yd of flight. I know it's bad to look while you shoot but it is consuming my focus since ive noticed it. The bow is/seems to be tuned. It shoots about 1/4-1/8" fletch low through the paper, I read somewhere that it was almost impossible to get a bow tuned perfect so i left it there...

Any help would be awesome!!! THANKS!!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
There probably is. The computer decides everything by solving complicated mathematical formulas. However, they are very good at remembering them or "programs" and can do the competitions a lot quicker than I. That is why they are called computers.

The actual formula would have variables for nock weight, bushing weight, draw length, shaft weight, point weight, bushing weight fletching weight, arrow length and cam types, as well as many others I have not mentioned.

Since you have a computer obviously. Download a copy of "Software for Archers" It is available as a trial copy from pinwheelsoftware.com.

If you PM me, I will try to run yours setup through my computer tonight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The computer I am using I have no rights to download anything :mad: .

CAMS: Bowtech Allegiance, Bianary and they are the fast mods.
Draw length: 28.5"
Draw wieght: 70#
As for the bushing wieght and all of that i have no idea. I know that the whole arrow is 375.5 gr with my current vanes..

I should be able to download that software in a couple of days

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The advertised shaft weight is 8.6 gpi. The inserts are 12 gr. I have no idea what the glue and vanes weigh??:happy:

I hope I have given enough info???

·
Registered
529 Posts
these fellas might know a bit more about this and can help ya out, but I would not want a fletch low tear or nock low tear. I would rather it be high if any to eliminate clearace problems.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Very good read!

Here is a great link about arrow selection and arrow spine. Very informative!!!

Click here !

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
240 Posts
I tried the same arrows last year and they were too weak with a 70 pound draw at 27.5 inches and 100 grain tips. Putting on a wrap and heavier vanes like vanetech and turning the poundage down to 60-64 pounds will straighten out the flight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts