Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my AM32 to shoot great @ 20yrds.when I go back to 40yds I'm shooting perfect groups about 3in to the left.I got my rest set at 3/4in per (hoyt).and the arrows seem to be flying great.heres my set up
AM32
29in draw
QAD Pro
65lbs
ACC-3-49's with blazers 100gr points arrows weigh 400gr total
am I getting a stiff reaction??I hope not!! I don't wanna turn this thing up anymore.I'll be getting new arrows:cry:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You are weak spined, assuming your arrow is 29" long you'd have to come down in the 52-54pound range to get a decent spine out of that arrow. But I'd try to walk back tune just to see what happens. You may want to check your sight level also.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spine

oh crap sorry my arrows are 28in long.how did you run this on pinwheel software???i tried to move mt rest in a little but got bad arrow flight and groups where bad.thanks

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Dude, one of us is doing something wrong. I ran your numbers again and it shows your arrows with a static spine of .390, and it says you need an optimal spine of 0.3285. I'm still showing you way weak.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spine

really??I may be doing it wrong.I never used the pinwheel before.I put in my bow set up and went by that.your probably right.i only use a kisser button and one fuse silencer on the string.and a D-loop.well I guess I could try to turn it down and see where I hit at 40.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Make sure all the little details on Pinwheel are correct. I have been using it for months incorrectly because the default letoff selection for my bow was incorrect and I didn't catch it until last week.:confused:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Before I made any changes to arrows, lbs of pull, point weight, etc...I would walk back tune. That may make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Try going to a 75 gr. point and/or turning down the draw weight to 60 lbs. If things get better, you have too weak of an arrow. If they get worse, try a 125 grain point and/or turn up the draw weight.

I have a 62.4 lb. Katera and a 29" draw length. Given the 9 fps difference in IBO, I would suspect that we need about the same spine arrow. With a .400 series arrow at 27", I am just right with a 75 grain point and a little weak, but still OK, with a 100 grain point. FYI

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ok i got my AM32 to shoot great @ 20yrds.when I go back to 40yds I'm shooting perfect groups about 3in to the left.I got my rest set at 3/4in per (hoyt).and the arrows seem to be flying great.heres my set up
AM32
29in draw
QAD Pro
65lbs
ACC-3-49's with blazers 100gr points arrows weigh 400gr total
am I getting a stiff reaction??I hope not!! I don't wanna turn this thing up anymore.I'll be getting new arrows:cry:
ACC's follow slightly different rules than either all carbon, or all aluminum. I use 29" 3-49's that have a static rating a bit less than a 0.400 carbon, but even with a 125gr head they are too stiff from a 60lb Supertec.

I found that the addition of GT insert weights (20gr) cured the stiff thing. And they didn't really make a big difference in drop.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I came up with the same as rlbreakfield, your shafts are definitely weak spined. They didnt come to the middle of the green till you would get down to 55 lbs DW.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I shoot the same bow as you but in 28.5" DL and use the same arrow and length. I use 125g steelforce phat heads. Cam & .5 Creap tuned for timing, bareshaft tuned for vertical, walk back tuned 20-60 yards for center shot(3/4"). For my AM32 with these ACC -49's they BH tune perfect at 59.5 lbs. One half pound more BH start hitting right(stiff reaction), 1/2 # less BH start hitting left(weak reaction). From what you state I would say you are weak spined. I would also walk back tune.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
One half pound more BH start hitting right(stiff reaction), 1/2 # less BH start hitting left(weak reaction). From what you state I would say you are weak spined. I would also walk back tune.
Are you left handed by any chance?

As I've always found that a left impact was an overspined response, and a right impact was an underspined response.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are you left handed by any chance?

As I've always found that a left impact was an overspined response, and a right impact was an underspined response.

I am right handed. I had Eastons guide with me, I kept refering to it and adjusting as it stated. Every adjustment I would do would have the wrong reaction. When I would increase poundage the BH would go left of the FP, I decreased poundage BH would go right of FP. FP never moved in any direction. After a few different times adjusting according to Eastons guide I figured my set up was one of the ones that eastons guide refers to as, Some times the opposite reaction may accur. All I know is at 59.5#, 28" 3-49 ACC with 125g tips(430g), 28.5"DL, AM32 everything groups together, 1/2# higher or lower BH will drift either left or right. All my other bows follow eastons guide except this one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts