Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to either buy or make a spine tester. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good 1 to buy or a set of directions to make 1? I'm hoping to have 1 before i biuld my hunting arrows. What i want to do is be able to find the high side of the spine so that i can fletch each arrow with the high side in the same spot..............................................................DF1

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rob that gets me off to a start.

Bill in Pa e-mailed me suggesting i do a google search & it turned out to be a great idea. I found www.jamesmhill.com/Spine_Tester This looks like a really nice 1 & easy to biuld. I see a couple of changes i'll make but it's just what i was looking for.

Anyone have any reccomendations as to where the stiff side of the shaft should be? Or will this show the stiff side kind of like the float test only a little more exact........................................DF1

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Charlie, leave ir to me to mess up something as simple as copying the addy:( :eek: :) ...........................................DF1

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 8pt that 1 sounds real nice i just wish they had pics to go with the instructions. The pics are 1 of the main reason i like the jim hill 1. A pic is worth a thousand words. That & i'm much better at working with metal than i am with wood.:) ....................................................................DF1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts