Archery Talk Forum banner

Spitfire Question....

397 4
Do those of you shooting the spitfires use them straight out of the box? The blades seem pretty tight, but if you tighten the screws a little more they loosen up some. I was just wondering what the more experienced guys were doing.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,458 Posts
I shot them for the last 10 years and have always used them straight out of the box.They are wicked broadheads.I have never had one fail in 10 years.Did I forget to mention that they leave a huge hole as well.If your bow is tuned well you wont have a problem with them.You dont want to loosen them up too much for fear that they may open in flight.Like I said I used them right out of the pack and they have never failed to open for me.If you are shooting with the right amount of kinetic energy they will open every time.

· Registered
4,061 Posts
I've shot them for several years and never loosen the screw. The blades open easily enough on impact, so I leave them alone. I'd rather not take a chance of the screw working too loose and the head not functioning properly.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
mechanicals / Spitfires

I want screws tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.