·
Registered
24,903 Posts
both will kill.

but i think the spit fire is a stronger, sharper head

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
How many threads are you going to post on this?? Go check your original (first) post and you'll find the answer that you're looking for......

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
No doubt...Spitfire

No a real contest IMO as to overall best.
No a fair contest either....Two different style heads.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
How many threads are you going to post on this?? Go check your original (first) post and you'll find the answer that you're looking for......
who cares he is asking now. it one word. . . . .spitfire

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I have used both. Spitfire is real good in every scenario except the hard quartering shot. Rage has a slightly shakey blade retention device. I also had one break at the o-ring groove, and lost that buck (last month). And I had one only penetrate 3" into the neck of a big mule deer (last week). But I also killed two other mule deer bucks, in past years, that were on the ground in less than 50 yards with massive blood trails.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Spitfires all the way...

I would like to see a deflection from one,I always hear fixed head users have it happen to them but after 8 years with spitfires and rocket steelheads and probably 20 deer between my buddy and I,I have'nt seen one..:confused:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Ive shot both, spitfires for 4 yrs and had 100% kill/recovery with them. However Pass thru's where few and far between. Tried the Rage two different seasons now, 100% kil/recovery rate as well. But Never had Pass thru's at all and the broadhead was smoked when used. So I switched back to fixed heads. But If I had to choose one it would be the spit fire.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I have had them both deflect my shot.I always use a fixed blade BH.
If you "always use a fixed", then how did you get the deflection on 2 different mechanical heads. You managed to punch a hole in your own "story".

Mechanical bashers eventually show their hand.

·
Bowhunter
5,203 Posts
I have used Spitfires and the 3-blade Rage. I won't use Rage again - deflections and one shot at 30 yards that was so far off my aim I don't think it was possible without a blade opening up. That said, all 3 Rage shots were kills.

I've never a problem with the Spitfires - great holes, fly true. That said, once I finish my Spitfire replacement blade inventory I will shoot only fixed blades (Thunderheads and SlickTricks) - they fly where I want them to fly (field point accuracy) and have no loss of KE.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have heard less horror stories from Spitfire users vs the Rage. I think that if the user is patient, and puts the head where it should go they should be the same. My choice is for a fixed blade that I do not have to worry about the what ifs. Good luck with whatever you feel confident with

·
Registered
646 Posts
I shot one buck with a Rage and one buck with a Spitfire this year.First time with both heads.The Rage kill,22 yds slight quartering away.Full penetration,not a pass through.Decent blood trail I wasnt really impressed.The spitfire kill 28 yd slight quartering away also.Complete pass through broke a rib on the way out.Great blood trail instantly.Both deer were taken with a 60lb pse bowmadness maxed out from a treestand.Both were decent sized bucks.I will definetly use Spitfires again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
both broadheads are terrible you must be some kind of knucklehead to use them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts