Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek:
Ok, I know all you guys are are big tough hunters, but lets here some personal experiences from the woods. Who's afraid of the dark?.......I AM!!! Who walks as fast as they can to their treestand in the morning? .........I DO!! Don't be bashful.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The only thing that spooks me in the dark woods is rutting bucks when I;m carrying doe in heat in my pack! They are very unpredictable.lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the dark. I do some of my best work in the dark.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody see or hear something unexplainable?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well, I cant lie. I was never worried walking to my stand until one year, had 2 bad scares. First I got about 50 yards from my stand when a bobcat let out a scream from hell about 75yrds away. I got over that about the time a friend of mine parked in a diff. spot and I didn't know he was there. He let me get to the top of the tree before he scared the :eek: right out of me. At the time I was pissed. But over time I have some to see the humer in it. Still I relised how easy it is to walk up on something not so fun in the woods. Guess I am a sissy, but I can live with that.:wink:

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
man you have either a gun or a bow...... shoot em.... laughing, all jokes aside... i wont lie i get a little nervous at times, i wouldnt say scared but a little nervous, one time i was walking back after dark and was by myself and had to walk about a mile... heard all kinds of weird things in them woods, but you better believe if im bowhunting i have a pistol, and gun hunting my gun is always on the ready

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
MO Hunt said:
Well, I cant lie. I was never worried walking to my stand until one year, had 2 bad scares. First I got about 50 yards from my stand when a bobcat let out a scream from hell about 75yrds away. I got over that about the time a friend of mine parked in a diff. spot and I didn't know he was there. He let me get to the top of the tree before he scared the :eek: right out of me. At the time I was pissed. But over time I have some to see the humer in it. Still I relised how easy it is to walk up on something not so fun in the woods. Guess I am a sissy, but I can live with that.:wink:
no lie them bobcats will scare the dookie out of ya!

·
Registered
92 Posts
When your walken out of the timber in the dark and you start hearen coyotes yappen and it sounds like thier right behide you....that makes the hair stand up on the neck!..:eek:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Haha... a guy I work with runs to his stand because he thinks he's gonna be attacked. By what exactly I'm not sure. He told me a story about how he was charged by a small doe and at the last second she veered off because he stood up from his ground blind and yelled!!!:ROFLMAO: I think someday I'll go sit by his stand and wait for him to come running through the woods so I can videotape it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Had a pack of yotes run up close to me one evening walking home. They were howling and yip'in until they got about thirty yards from me. I was on the edge of a grass field and they were coming out of the woods. That was a bit spooky! As soon as they either smelt me or heard my heart pounding they took off. That night was a super bright night and I was walking without my flashlight.
I am glad I didn' take my LUCKY rabbit that night!:wink:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Buck N Rut said:
Haha... a guy I work with runs to his stand because he thinks he's gonna be attacked. By what exactly I'm not sure. He told me a story about how he was charged by a small doe and at the last second she veered off because he stood up from his ground blind and yelled!!!:ROFLMAO: I think someday I'll go sit by his stand and wait for him to come running through the woods so I can videotape it.
:confused: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Nothing used to bother me until I started hunting in West Texas. Walked back to my truck one night and as I was driving out I saw a three foot rattlesnake crossing the road. I said to myself "your walking around here with rubber boots" The next week I was wearing snake boots sprayed down with scent killer. So my biggest fear is walking up on one of those fellas.

TEXAS

·
Registered
210 Posts
unloaded 3 shots of a 30-06 semi auto into the air in the crisp clean morning air when I was a teenager because those darn quail musta been sleepin until I got IN THE MIDDLE of 'em...luckily I had peed before I left camp or i'd have had a mess to clean up too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would definately be spooked walking around rattlers, or any kind of snake for that matter!!:eek: Here in Minnesota, we don't have the snake problem, it's the documented sightings of Sasquatch...and his brother Suckybutt, he's from the arctic, but somehow ended up in Mcgregor Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
:) I don't get scared in the woods. I always make sure that I have someone that I know I can outrun with me. You know, my son, wife friends etc. THe scary stuff will eat the first one it catches.:)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
nah the dark doesnt bother me at all. though one time i was walking to my stand and i stepped over a big log onto a turkey buzzard that was sleeping on the otherside. we both freaked out, the bird flew into a tree and knocked itself out and i came close to screaming like a little girl. sounded more like a full grown woman. i had to chuckle at myself after that, and i'm glad i was alone hehe.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A friend of mine is deathly afraid of the dark when walking in or out from a hunt. He had to walk about a half mile into one piece of land we were hunting. Most of the way on a terrace right next to a corn field but it was early afternoon so no biggie. So anyway he comes walking back along this corn field after his hunt when all of a sudden some unearthly screech comes out of the corn and the corn itself just erupts with stalks breakin' and something moving fast right at him. He said he just about died right there and was running as fast as he'd ever run in his life. First thing he did when he got back to his truck was to call me to tell me what happened. Unfortunately, I was unavailable at the time as I was out in the corn field with a double raspy diaphram and elk tube scaring the bejesus out of him!! HA! We still laugh about that one and yes...pay backs are a biatch!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These are hilarious, keep em coming!!

1 - 20 of 702 Posts