Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here is the low down on what is going on.
On march 11 UFA a canadian co-op company purchased 15 stores from the "sportsman's warehouse" chain. the stores are:
spokane,WA, Salem,OR, Keenewick,WA, Missoula,MT,Portland,OR, Silverdale, WA, Fargo,ND, Bozeman,MT, Bend,OR, Federal Way,WA, LAcey,WA, Vancouver,WA, Burlington,WA, Coeur D'Alene,ID, and Helena,MT. These 15 will continue to be open and for the time being will stay with the same name. ON saturday March 21,2009 the original company "sportsman's warehous" filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, they had already closed 23 stores, sold 15 and still were forced out of business. What happens in the next few days is undertermined for the original company but as for me i don't care anymore since i got screwed by them and thankfully am now working for UFA Sportsman's Warehouse in Federal Way in the Archery Department (Chaz). As per all of your sportsman's warehouse giftcards you have until march 31, 2009 to use them at the 15 UFA Sportsman's locations after that date they will be useless, Past march 31,2009 UFA will not honor the sportsman's warehouse giftcards for no reason so if you got em you better go use em. The UFA Sportsman's warehouse WILL NOT offer a gift card program unless decided upon at a much later date. As for the stock of the 15 UFA Sportsman's Warehouse Locations once they were acquired by UFA we lost all of our accounts with the vendors that we did business with so for the past week and a half UFA and each store has been trying to get in touch with all of the vendors in order to create new accounts with each of them so that we can order again and get these 15 stores stocked up and ready to go. All 15 stores places MASSIVE orders on friday the 13th and hopefully we will be seeing some or all of that by friday the 27th although there it is not certain when we will be getting it in, after we do recieve our initial order we will be ordering merchandise constantly to fill the shelves and the replenish the store. So soon it will get better it is just going to take a little bit more time so hang in there and come on down and visit us at any of our 15 locations any time and hopefully we will start getting some inventory by the end of this week. Thanks for your support and hopefully i'll see some of you soon.
IF you have any more questions about this please P.M me and i will get back to you as soon as i can

· Registered
1,796 Posts
ttt for those who dont get the Oregonian newspaper

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
Sportsman's in Spokane was the only box store i could somewhat rely on. I hope they keep the good employees. I traveled to cabalas in Idaho hoping that there merchandise and service would improve, but that never happened. I will keep shopping at Sportsman's Warehouse more often. I wish they would expand the archery dept. more.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
Sportsman's

Thanks for the informative post. I heard all kinds of stories until 2 weeks ago when I went to the Lacey store. I was told of the sale but nothing of Sportsman's being shut down selectively and you noted that Portland was one of the stores to remain open. Portland meaning Clackamas? Or are those two different stores? I live right smack in the middle of Seattle to Portland I-5 area and before the Lacey store opened, I was a frequent shopper at the Clackamas area store. Saving on tax is a plus if you buy alot of stuff in one visit. I was told that products were being kept low due to all of it having to be inventoried like at the end of the year and by April, there will be a flood of new orders coming in and all will be as usual. Just what I heard and the bottom line for our area is that we will still have a Sportsman's to shop at. I was hoping that if any stores were to shut down, it would be Lacey Cabela's. Just my $.02.

· Registered
120 Posts
Good going on the update Chaz. Don't wanna see any of the you guys have to look for something else. Hope to see ya at a shoot or two this year!!! For those who don't know, the shop at Federal Way is top notch, Chaz and Larry are knowledgeable, fast and fair. Stop by and check 'em out.

See Ya Chaz,
Jim Burns:shade:

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of the stores i named in my original post are staying open. we are just under new ownership

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes the giftcards will be honored until march 31st 2009, anything else is incorrect, this is coming straight from UFA corporate. I have been talking with them basically everyday since the 16th or march.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.