·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sportsmans ware house wont take my gift card :mad:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Does the gift card say "Victoria's Secret" on it, by any chance? Because they wouldn't take mine, either.

Seriously though, why did they deny the card?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You may be too late, Sportsmans Warehouse went bankrupt. most stores are closing their doors very soon and no longer accepting gift certificates or cards. Hopefully the company that bought them will honor the cards, I don't think they will though.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
I made a special trip to SW as soon as I heard they would be closing the doors. I ended up with something I really didn't need, but I wasn't about to let them have the free money left on my card.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Last I heard, SW had closed some stores. I thought they were attempting to reorganize rather than shut down completely. We've had our local SW for about 5 years now...

Guess it's a good thing the new Bass Pro is underway. It's even closer.

Back to subject, sucks they wouldn't honor your card. Sounds to me like you just got robbed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They're closing one in Nampa, ID and Spokane. Gift cards not accepted at those stores. The Meridian, ID store is going to stay open, and they accept cards. I'm currently accepting any "unusable" gift cards.

·
Registered
14,588 Posts
Monty to use your card you will have to go to billings. They will still honor it for they are still a sportsmans warehouse. All the other stores in MT where bought out by the canadian company and where only taking gift cards through the end of march. You can still use that money but you will have to spend it with a store that is still staying as sportsmans warehouse and is not closing or selling.

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
SW will honor the card at any SW store, or online.

UFA announced a 2 day period when they would also honor the cards, at those Sportsmans stores taken over or liquidated by UFA. That 2 day period has long passed.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya it was cuz it was bought out and its no longer a sportsmans warehouse ?

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
They filed chapter 11 bankruptcy, which means they reorganize and get out of the lease agreements on stores that are closing and also they dont have to honor previously purchased gift cards. I will still take the local SW over Bass Pro or Cabelas.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sporting goods stores are dropping like fly's around the north west right now...Joe's Sporting goods is closing and I dont think they are taking gift cards either?

Its going to be tough for alot of folks around here.

Good luck!

d

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but the SW here sucks anyway when it comes to archery gear.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I made a special trip to SW as soon as I heard they would be closing the doors. I ended up with something I really didn't need, but I wasn't about to let them have the free money left on my card.
Litespeed,

Do you know which SW stores are closing in MN,I really like the Woodbury store. I hope they were able to hang on,for a box store they had some great guys in the archery dept.

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
google UFA and sportsmans warehouse.
UFA loaned SW a bunch of money last summer. UFA took 15 stores and will rename them eventually. They liquidated 23 others.

SW got to keep the remainder and then filed chapter 11.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
Litespeed,

Do you know which SW stores are closing in MN,I really like the Woodbury store. I hope they were able to hang on,for a box store they had some great guys in the archery dept.
**** Rapids, Woodbury and St. Cloud.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Monty to use your card you will have to go to billings. They will still honor it for they are still a sportsmans warehouse. All the other stores in MT where bought out by the canadian company and where only taking gift cards through the end of march. You can still use that money but you will have to spend it with a store that is still staying as sportsmans warehouse and is not closing or selling.
you might want to check on that. SW in fargo nd now UFA doesn't take gift cards any more. Fargo SW has a great archery dept.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Sporting goods stores are dropping like fly's around the north west right now...Joe's Sporting goods is closing and I dont think they are taking gift cards either?

Its going to be tough for alot of folks around here.

Good luck!

d
Let me shed some light on what is going on for everybody here:

For the last week and a half (BEFORE Friday) at Joe's prices were slashed all the way up to 70% on a lot of items. Fishing Lures were Buy 2 and get One Free. Powerbait was marked down from $3.99 to $2.74 and then you were given a Mail in Rebate that brought the price down to $1.74.

During that time, Our store in Mt. Vernon was Virtually DEAD! We could not even make $9,000 worth of sales per day!

Thursday night The Liquidation Company came in at Closing time. After Our shift was done, That company changed the computer to ring up each and every item at FULL PRICE MINUS 10 to 30% depending on the item and department.

Friday morning when we reported to work we were told that Joe's NO LONGER EXSISTED ! We were Now Working For Gordon Liquidating. There Would Be NO Price Modifying, NO Extra Discounts, NO Returns or Exchanges. Pure and Simple!

On Friday the Mt. Vernon store Sold $106,984 Worth of Merchandise (at The Higher Prices) which is More Sales Than we did on Black Friday! Chain wide the sales almost reached the $4 Million mark!

On Saturday our stores sales were $114,999 in sales and the chain went well over the $5 Million mark! Sales prices are still at the LOW Discount Price!

On Easter Sunday I stopped in to pickup some of my Photographs that I had on display, so I asked a manager how sales were. He showed me the computer and it showed that with 3 1/2 hours to go the store had already sold $68,337 worth of merchandise and the computer screen did not show the current hours totals! Chain wide $3 Million!

Now don't you see How Uneducated The American Buyer Is? For 4 months They Could Have Been Paying a Lot Less Money For Their Goods; but they sat back and did not buy. Now you put up Liquidation Signs and that buying public becomes a Bunch of Hungry Sharks On A Feeding Frenzy because They Smelled Blood In The Water! :pukey:

I am Not Bitter, I am just Amazed at how people react!

Dick

P.S. The BAD PART is that the purchased The Entire Joe's Merchandise for 42 cents on the Dollar, so Gordon Liquidating is Making Millions on this close out! :mg::(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts