Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a indoor tartget bow and was wondering what lb pull most use? I pull my #70 Guardian no problem but Im assuming most dont pull that indoors as speed isnt important like a hunting/3d bow. I was thinking about getting a Martin Mystic...Im a short draw archer and it seems to fit the bill nicely. Any thoughts on this bow?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
bow similar to guardian?

Thinking about getting a indoor tartget bow and was wondering what lb pull most use? I pull my #70 Guardian no problem but Im assuming most dont pull that indoors as speed isnt important like a hunting/3d bow. I was thinking about getting a Martin Mystic...Im a short draw archer and it seems to fit the bill nicely. Any thoughts on this bow?
If your just getting into target i would suggest a bow similar to what you shoot now. So something like a commander or sentinel or something similar. On poundage I shoot around 56lbs but when starting out I shot 50lbs in beginning to work my form properly. In spots it all about getting your proper archery form. once your form is on the rest will follow. good luck and keep us informed on your selection. I shoot constitution 07 and will soon buy a brig for target. One of the tricks to target is you want to get stronger as you shoot or maintain your best accuracy all the way through a shoot. 5spot 300 is 2 practice rounds and 60 arrows so a total of 70 arrows. Lot of arrows and if your shooting a handicap that even more arrows. conditioning is the a must so lots of practice is a requirement. I know lots of guys who can shoot pretty good but consistancy is their downfall. good luck and drop a PM if any questions.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually considering a Commander because Im already used to my center pivot BT and like not having to have a press. I really like the shoot through system on the Martins and theres a few that are very affordable in the classifieds which is what Im looking for. Im trying to get into spots on the cheap so the Mystics have me interested. Really anything a little longer ATA. The Brigadier looks sweet too!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I shoot a Mystic at around 52 lbs.That is the low side of average.
With the 65% let off furious cam you can shoot a little less peak weight and still maintain a higher hold weight that will force all your bones into a a more consistant alighnment.
This tends to make a more forgiving shot when you don't have your best shot.
The Nitrous shoot through system is possibly the easiest to set up and tune that I have used.You can practicly eyeball everything.
The absolute level nock travel and dead center rest position will easily shoot a wide variety of shafts incuding extremely overspined fat target shafts of your choice.They are also exceptional with fixed blade broadheads.
If I can answer any concerns feel free to PM me.
Chuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts