Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to mount the new Accustat II scope that Axcel makes to a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL sight? I like the fast eddie sight and the pins setup/scope of the axcel accustat II. Has anyone done this or have the knowledge of its possible? If so, what hardware would I need to do it?

·
Registered
14,588 Posts
The MRT Spot Hogg has is one of the big thing things that sets their sights apart from anyone else’s and is truly something that will help you shoot better. What is it that you like better about the axcel housing?

P.S. to answer your question you would need to know a good engineer and machinist to make you a custom bracket to adapt one housing to the other sight.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pins are what I like better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
so they both use a round barrel instead of the older threaded rod, but i dont have them in front of me. You could try and find the barrel diameter and compare them. I have both sights at home, i can measure tonight.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I would appreciate that.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
so obvious question, before you spend $175 on a new scope, can you use smaller pins on the spott hogg to get a more comparable appearance?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that ability to control the light on the accustat. Also, the pins on axcel sights are just better for my eyes. For some reason when I’m at full draw they seem more clear to me. I’m not claiming that this is the cheaper route... please don’t tell my wife how much a spend on archery and hunting equipment!!!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The MRT Spot Hogg has is one of the big thing things that sets their sights apart from anyone else’s and is truly something that will help you shoot better. What is it that you like better about the axcel housing?

P.S. to answer your question you would need to know a good engineer and machinist to make you a custom bracket to adapt one housing to the other sight.
this is what i like about the spot hoggs. that MRT housing is a league of its own when it comes to peep and housing alignment. If other things are important than that MRT ring then look at the axcel. just need to weigh your wants against things you don't care about.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two fast eddies on both of my bows... I have gone back and forth with the single and tripe MRT rings. I prefer the single because it cleans up my sight window and it hasn't affected my accuracy. The other issue at play here are my eyes... they aren't what they used to be but for some reason I see the axcel's better.

·
Registered
14,588 Posts
I have two fast eddies on both of my bows... I have gone back and forth with the single and tripe MRT rings. I prefer the single because it cleans up my sight window and it hasn't affected my accuracy. The other issue at play here are my eyes... they aren't what they used to be but for some reason I see the axcel's better.
Make sure you have the peep to housing sizing correct. In bright sunlight you should only be able to barely see the inside ring on the MRT. Same goes for the single ring lid. In bright sunlight you should have the exact same sight picture, if you are setup correctly. If you don't have yours setup like this, you are not getting the benefit of the MRT system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts