Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just picked up my Fast Eddie XL 3 pin yesterday and installed it on my 2016 Hoyt Powermax at my local pro shop. After sighting it in at 20 yards (Money!) I got my calibration tape on and then realized that in order to sight in at 60 yards, the housing is going to be very, very close to my arrow!

Something is off, cause I don't understand why this is an issue. I was told that it's because my bow speed isn't high enough with the type of arrow I'm using, but I figured I would look for a second opinion.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if, or how they resolved it?

My current bow set up is:
70 lb draw FPS 288
5mm FMJ arrows total weight 488 grain

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
You may have too high of an anchor which causes your peep to be too low. This along with slow arrow speed will cause you to run into clearance issues. Post a pic of yourself at full draw so we can get a better idea of what is going on. Your arrow speed is not slow at all so I'm guessing it has to do with your anchor position.

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Are you using the bottom pin as the floater?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMG_9679.jpg
Thanks man, The peep is 6 inches up, so not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnv23
That's the plan, the sight needs you to dial it in at 20 and then at 60 yards with the top pin, so before I can put the actual sight tape on, I need to do this first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts