Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a good deal on a Spot Hogg Friday Night Delight release, but couldn't find much information on it on the web. Now that I've tried it out I decided it would be a good idea to put my opinion out there.

The release is very compact, in both length and width. It's small size means it fits in your hand really well. I also like it's short neck, it makes a pulling a draw length that is uncomfortably long with other releases manageable. The action is adjustable from super super hot to really stiff, and there is almost no trigger travel no matter how you adjust it. The thumb button is also pretty adjustable, but I seemed to like it how it came best. The open hook release is very quick to get on the loop and is rock solid once on there, a definite plus. The non-rotating head isn't even be an issue, you can twist your wrist either way without putting torque on the string. It also comes with a great leather strap so you don't have to put the thing in your pocket if you need both hands.

On the other hand, you have to reset the release everytime you use it. Not a big deal, but you do have to click the thumb button back into place and make sure the hook is rotated back into position before you can shoot again.

Overall, I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good handheld thumb trigger release and/or anyone wanting to draw a little more length.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
is the trigger smooth I have been interested in this release for some time but,like you couldn't find much about it and didn't fee like spending that kind of money for some thing I may regret so,thanks for the reveiw

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
is the trigger smooth I have been interested in this release for some time but,like you couldn't find much about it and didn't fee like spending that kind of money for some thing I may regret so,thanks for the reveiw
picked up allot of points when i picked up this thing beat my carters in every aspect , 95nib isnt to bad

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Have used them since they first came out.Is all I use. Best there is

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They are really great releases and for the price they are a great deal. I opted for the Sat special as it is a full jaw so you can lock it on while hunting , but the mechanics are pretty much the same, I too like the short trigger travel, bad thing is I have bought 2 of them and my son and son in law liked them so much that they borrowed them forever

·
Registered
364 Posts
Really??? All that info and no photo?? :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts