Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my eye on the Hogg Father single pin sight and while looking through the Lancaster Catalog it's under the Target sight section so made me think is this a good sight for hunting?

·
Can't wait for September
3,822 Posts
I can't see any reason not to hunt with it. I hunt with my single pin Tommy. I wish I would have bought a Father.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I've hunted it for the last two years.
I love it. No better single pin/adjustable sight out there imo

·
Registered
787 Posts
I used it this year. By far the best HUNTING sight I've ever used or owned. This is one piece of equipment I don't thing I'll ever gid rig of or change. That is unless the Hogg father 2 comes out

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will have to pick one up.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Cameron Hands uses it

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Have 2 on my hunting bows. Great sight, and durable. I don't think you'll find a better single pin for hunting. The dovetail feature is an added bonus.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yep, it's what I use. That thing is rock solid, tight, and it has one of the best CS experiences in archery should you need it. It is in my opinion the best sight available and I also will not shoot anything else unless there is some sort of Hogg father 2 lol. It can do it all

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Does the adjustment work the same?

Besides the dove tail they are the same sight?
Just the mount is different. The Boss Hogg mounts like the Tommy, but the dial is behind the riser when mounted.

I use my Hogg Father to hunt with, and for target shooting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I contacted Spot Hogg for length and weight specs between Tommy and Hogg Father. Thought I would share since its frequently asked. Here's what Spot Hogg supplied:

Hogg Father
Single Pin Length. 10.25 inch
Weight. 14.5 oz

Multi-Pin. Length. 11.5 inch
Weight. 16.5 oz

Change in mount holes 4.5 inch

Tommy Hogg
Single Pin. Length. 6 inch
Weight. 11.5 oz

Multi-Pin. Length. 7 inch
Weight. 13.5 oz

Change in mount holes 1.5 inch