Archery Talk Forum banner

Spot Hogg Hogg It question

466 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  va limbhanger
Hello

I view on the spot hogg hogg it manual,the gang adjustement is just one screw,no locking system like on the real deal or anything.After you adjust its solid its never move??Another question do the 6 inch dovevail bar help a lot for precision??

Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Widewater Hunt Club
9,411 Posts
Yes the gang adjustment is that one screw. It doesn't move afterwards because it's a "worm gear" adjustment which creates a tight fitting tolerance.
The dovetail on the hogg-it helps with adjusting your sight ring to your peep, but by the sight being farther away from the peep you will notice more pin movement unlike if it was mounted close to the riser as on a "hunter" version.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes the gang adjustment is rather stiff, and has a witness scale (for both elevation and windage).
The gang adjustments are very solid, and no need to worry that the adjustment might inadvertantly shift.

Yes the dovetail helps by extending the sight radius, and is very useful in matching the sight apeture to the peep apeture.

· Widewater Hunt Club
9,411 Posts
Its a good sight for hunting??
IMO one of the best. I have 2 Hunter Hogg-Its. One with a large guard and one with the small guard. I prefer the large guard for hunting. If you want to go all out you can get pin fiber colors and pin sizes in custom configurations. I have a 5 pin on my large guard 1st 2 are green, 3rd fiber is red, and the last 2 are green . Top pin is .029 followed by .019, .019. .010, .010. With a wrap of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.