Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to create another recent thread but i have some questions regarding my setup....I have a Hunter Hogg it 5 pin, my anchor is at the crease in corner of my mouth when i close my eyes draw and anchor. my pin guard is on the lowest mounting holes on the hunter hogg it and the sight is lowered to its bottom position (gang adj. bottomed out)...my top pin (20 yds) is about 1/3 from the top of my small pin guard. My concern is i wont be able to sight my bow in for up to 60 yds from 30-60 using the remaining pins without bottoming out my last pin(s?).

Is there anything i can do to bring my pins or pin guard higher to prevent not being able to extend my maximum shooting range?

Bow is shooting 360 gr arrow 69/26.5 at 287 fps
Thanks

·
Recovering hunting addict
8,297 Posts
same problem here. I dropped my four pin bracket down so one hole dosen't touch the site. Hard to explain but it works good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anchor point

Maybe it would help if you would anchor under your jaw bone, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
There are two things that come to mind......

#1) check your tune. If your nock is high relative to your rest it will exhibit this behavior on the sight.

#2) If you are using a peep you can try raising the peep a bit in the string. CAUTION......it is FAR more important to have a comfortable and repeatable anchor than an extra sight pin!

One of those mentioned solutions above will work.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
spot hogg makes a bracket to allow u to drop the sight lower.

·
Registered
63 Posts
sight

I am going through the exact same thing with my set up too. My nock is at 1/8" above level. I got the pin housing as low as it will go and my 20yd pin is almost half way in the housing. I will be lucky to get two more pins sighted like this. think I'm going to change my peep anyway and might try to raise the new one up a skoash...(thats a bit)....:slice: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nine out ten times it's the peep placed to low. You will usually find that the archer has his or her head tilted too. Make sure that you keep your head level and as long as your draw length is correc, most of the time, I'm not saying all the time, you'll find that the peep is a little low. If so, you'll have to remove the peep and give it a 180 and put it back in a string twist higher. Short A2A bows are especially prone to this. Yours isn't a short A2A, but take the time to check it out. Spot Hoggs are well thought out and designed. Usually if the archer is having a problem it's the archer or something other than the sight. Good Luck!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nine out ten times it's the peep placed to low. You will usually find that the archer has his or her head tilted too. Make sure that you keep your head level and as long as your draw length is correc, most of the time, I'm not saying all the time, you'll find that the peep is a little low. If so, you'll have to remove the peep and give it a 180 and put it back in a string twist higher. Short A2A bows are especially prone to this. Yours isn't a short A2A, but take the time to check it out. Spot Hoggs are well thought out and designed. Usually if the archer is having a problem it's the archer or something other than the sight. Good Luck!
Great post what he said (+1)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts