Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the dial adjustments.

No way you can loosen an allen key and move it too much like with most rests.

Looking to get one with the 2 prongs, and not the lizard tongue.

And to use hunting.

Anything I should know?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
They are more or less a Golden Key rest from back in the late 80'S early 90'S. That's not to say they aren't good, very rock solid, no problems with them, and very adjustable. Most of us "Yankees" have to buy something different every year, because it has to be better or improved. I used the same rest for over 10 years on my 3-D, hunting bows, and never had any issues, but the prongs do vibrate loose once in a while (Loc-tite them). I do actually like the drop away rests a little better, myself, but look at the blade rests, they have been around for years. Great rests though. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I've been using the Spot hogg/Golden Key premier rests for the last 10 years and they are great rests, I've configured 2 to limbdriven dropaway on two of my bows. I like the micro adjustability of them. The infinity is basically the same rest without lockdown screws. They have a lifetime warranty and if it needs rebuilt (after a long service life), spot hogg will usually get it done within a week.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are more or less a Golden Key rest from back in the late 80'S early 90'S. That's not to say they aren't good, very rock solid, no problems with them, and very adjustable. Most of us "Yankees" have to buy something different every year, because it has to be better or improved. I used the same rest for over 10 years on my 3-D, hunting bows, and never had any issues, but the prongs do vibrate loose once in a while (Loc-tite them). I do actually like the drop away rests a little better, myself, but look at the blade rests, they have been around for years. Great rests though. Cheers--BB
Thanks.

The prongs are the only thing I dont like about them.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been using the Spot hogg/Golden Key premier rests for the last 10 years and they are great rests, I've configured 2 to limbdriven dropaway on two of my bows. I like the micro adjustability of them. The infinity is basically the same rest without lockdown screws. They have a lifetime warranty and if it needs rebuilt (after a long service life), spot hogg will usually get it done within a week.
Thanks, I have a Spot Hogg sight and cant imagine it ever needing repair work.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why I always shot the 3-D Rover, same rest with a blade type launcher on it like a Versa Rest, 100% reliable. Cheers--BB
Who makes them?

When I google it I get a lot of stuff about Mars.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Thanks.

The prongs are the only thing I dont like about them.
You can find other launchers on ebay, anything that fits the older Golden Key rests should fit the infinity. Also, according to their site, multiple launchers are included in the package, prongs, blade etc.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The Infinity rest is a great rest I have had one for almost 10 years and it hasn't failed yet, I have its predecessor on my target bow and it I bought that rest in 1991 or 92 and its still going strong.
The Infinity is and always has been made by Spott-hogg, Golden Key Futura (a company that already closed its doors) used to buy the rest from Spott-Hogg and resell them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts