Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a real deal, took out of package read instructions, played with it and wow! Awesome sight well built love how it works, it's genius design. I did have a few concerns and thought I'd ask other users opinion. The micro adjust has no lockdown, I tightened the bracket bolt tight as I could so the micro adjust would be tight to turn but I'm afraid that it could move on me. Anyone have this issue? The pin adjustment is just awesome, really allows to micro adjust a 5 pin sight, but I'm afraid to tighten them too tight or not enough and have them eventually loosen. Just wanted others thought, I'm really impressed so far.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've NEVER had one get loose on me. I LOVE my Real Deal, Its the best pin sight I have ever had!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I'm surprised the micro adjust never moves without a lockdown.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any others ??? Figured more users used Spot Hogg.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I've hunted with the Real Deal for the last three seasons and never had the pins come loose. The way the set screws adjust the the pin keeps pressure on one another not allowing them to loosen as long as you get them tight enough.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've hunted with the Real Deal for the last three seasons and never had the pins come loose. The way the set screws adjust the the pin keeps pressure on one another not allowing them to loosen as long as you get them tight enough.
awesome this is what I like to hear.. The Micro adjust for the sight ever move?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've used 2 Spot Hogg Hunters for the last 2 1/2 years and never had anything come loose on me. Great sight all the way around.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I have several Spot Hogg sights and pin movement is not an issue. Hold the short leg of the hex key and little torque is all that is required. The two vertical screws bind against one another and are secure. I coat the button head Steel screws with a Q-Tip soaked in Bohning Shield string wax which keeps them from rusting ( coat all the Steel fasteners in this manner ).:)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responses, I slapped mine on my how and started sighting it in. Very impressed so far, I agree pins are snug and don't think they will move. Regarding the micro adjust how snug do you make it before it moves, I made mine pretty snug, with it loose the dial turned awful easy. Love it so far

·
Registered
911 Posts
Used few spot hogg sights and I can honestly say I have had ZERO movement and these things are built like tanks! Great quality sights

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I re-read the instructions, you micro adjust then lock it down with the bolt, so that makes sense. I thought it was supposed to stay loose so you could micro adjust anytime, but looks like you loosen bolt, micro adjust then tighten. Sounds solid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts