Spot Hogg or Copper john

772 20
looking at new sights and wondering which you guys prefer

1. Spot-Hogg Hogg-it

2. Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
Spot Hogg hands down. Copper John are good sights but the Spot Hoggs are just about bomb proof. They're very hard to beat.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I only have 2 Hoggs a large and small ring. Get the large.Now i use a discontinued,bought on clearance sale Montana Black Gold on my hunting rig.A top of the line target bar Hogg it is too nice to beat up in the woods in my opinion.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
Please explain to the forum what is in the CJ design that's better than the Hogg design? Logically......Im going to get my waders.

· Registered
42 Posts
hog is the only way

A friend of mine got one and I liked it so much I got 2, one for me and one for my son. They are easy to set up and will help make you more consistant. I would recomend you get the wraps and the .019 pins are great.

· Registered
3,900 Posts
Let me start off by saying that the customer service of copper john is probably the best you will ever see in an archery manufacture. Second, the Dead Nuts competition has a dove-tail bar that will come out and you can change it with a copper John ANTS sight for target shooting. Third, you have access to micro single pin on your sight. Each pin will move individual. The pins are also made out of metal and don't break as easy. The housing is also made from metal so if you drop it out of your stand; it won’t move on you and ruin that hunt. Copper John also has a light that will go onto the housing for that last 10 min of shooting time that is sometimes the most important time of the whole day:wink:. It has a level and you can set your second and third axis so that at longer distances you will be on target. The company will always strive to make the customer happy and they are also very nice people.

· Registered
190 Posts
i vote goes to the hogg it. its rock solid and easy to adjust. and i love the vertical wire, tells you if you lean your bow even without looking at the level.

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
you can't move the pins individually on the spot hogg?
and it won't except a light?
Individual pins on the Hogg are micro adjust and yes they have a light to put on them.

Never used a CJ but we did tryto set one up for a guy once. Maybe it was the type of sight but it was a pain to adjust. All of us commment on the fact that the Hoggs where much nicer.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
yes, our ******* buddy here has also explained all the features of the Hogg,the CJ is trying to emulate.In addition to all those features ,the Hogg has individual adj pins that can be adjusted for BOTH windage and elevation and its unique,ingenious, user friendly design with no lock down micro windage and elevation gang adj,the Hogg is in class all its own.

· Registered
13,924 Posts
yes, our ******* buddy here has also explained all the features of the Hogg,the CJ is trying to emulate.In addition to all those features ,the Hogg has individual adj pins that can be adjusted for BOTH windage and elevation and its unique,ingenious, user friendly design with no lock down micro windage and elevation gang adj,the Hogg is in class all its own.
You got that right. Nothing adjusts better or is built better than a SH.:darkbeer:

· Registered
19,079 Posts
There both great fixed pin sights you really cant go wrong!! Throw Sword Acu-Site in the mix as well.

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,063 Posts
I own both.

SH without a question. CJ is a decent sight but is not as adjustable as the SH and is not nearly as tough. I hunted with the CJ DN 2 Supreme for one season and had a screw strip on it (such that it will no longer lock down) and a fiber break (between where it comes out of the wrap and goes into the pin). IMO, that's unacceptable, especially for a sight that expensive. So I went back to SH. SH's are build like tanks and will last you a LONG, LONG time.

So take it or leave it but this is coming from someone who's had extensive experience with both sights and there isn't even a split second of hesitation in telling you to go with a SH.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.