Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals, I've put it off long enough, its time to get a 7 pin hunter hogg-it. My question is....I currently have a 5 pin hunter hoo-it with the .019 wrap. I know that I can just get a 7 pin housing for it. Could I put my 5 pin wrap on it and then throw in 2 normal .010 pin in it for the last 2 pins? It would save a lot of money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What would be the main reason for doing that? If its just for hunting 5 pins would do just fine, also would be fine for tournaments, if you shoot.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would be the main reason for doing that? If its just for hunting 5 pins would do just fine, also would be fine for tournaments, if you shoot.
It would be for my longer range pratice shooting. Currently I tie gold tread on the center wire for a 70 and 80 yard pin. It works but yesterday I was really struggling to see it and actual pins would be MUCH nicer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You may not want to, but it may be better to sell the ones you have now and buy a whole new sight. Also spott hogg does customize the sights to fitt your needs, check with your local archery dealer. Just an example, I have a set coming in, its a 5 pin with wrap, but I went with top pins 2 .19s and the bottom 3 .10s green and amber. Just an idea.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know they can do a custom pin arrangement. Maybe I will just shoot them an email. If it will work there is really no reason to get rid of what I have for way less than I have in it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Check out the tommy hogg with 7 pins. Talk about fling an arrow out there. Target Turrett for long range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts