Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided I want to try a multi pin slider. I’m a spot Hogg fan so I think I’ll stay with them. Thinking about a fast Eddie 3 pin.
I’m shooting a bear empire with a tight spot quiver, am I going to have clearance issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be careful, friend. I just had the same sight and returned it due to excessive noise. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out the noise and finally found it inside the pin housing where the fiber lines wrap around to gather light. Un repairable issue. When I returned it the shop I go to had 2 other similar issues with the Spot Hogg sights. Upgraded to an Axcel Accutouch Carbon Pro with the Accu-click settings on a single pin. Do some research, its the best of all features combined for hunting and target. Good luck friend!!

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
That will be a great option. I heard a rumor the fast eddie may have been improved upon for 2018 so there is no noise with the multipin heads. If you are worried about the noise go with a tommy or hog father. Both have been proven for years to have zero noise. As far as clearance issues you won't have any. I have personally used the tightspot on a hoggit, fast eddie, fast eddie xl, hog father and tommy with no issues.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That will be a great option. I heard a rumor the fast eddie may have been improved upon for 2018 so there is no noise with the multipin heads. If you are worried about the noise go with a tommy or hog father. Both have been proven for years to have zero noise. As far as clearance issues you won't have any. I have personally used the tightspot on a hoggit, fast eddie, fast eddie xl, hog father and tommy with no issues.
Thanks, just the information I was looking for

·
Registered
714 Posts
Buy a Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3 pin slider and stop all your worrying, best sight out there, doesn’t rattle, no clearance issues.

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
Buy a Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3 pin slider and stop all your worrying, best sight out there, doesn’t rattle, no clearance issues.
My put gold was substantially louder than my tommy. The spot hogg is far better built and not nearly as sloppy as the black gold.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
My put gold was substantially louder than my tommy. The spot hogg is far better built and not nearly as sloppy as the black gold.
This^^^

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Just purchased a new Tommy Hogg

How's the weight on that thing? I have been debating between a Tommy and a Fast Eddie. I just want the plain base sight so
I can use a Tru Glow PWR Dot scope that I have.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
I agree with sneak1413 after testing a bunch of sliders over the years I'm back with a Spot Hogg Tommy.. There one of the few sights with zero play at the axis. I loved the features of my Accutouch Carbon pro, but the 2nd and 3rd axis had play and I could move them if I cranked hard enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts