Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Tommy hogg and wad thinking of getting spark hunter model scope anybody have one that uses it for hunting that can give me the pros and cons of it and maybe some pics
Thanks

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I had a spark I used on a HoggFather I had and I bought one of each color light to find out which worked best. Sold it 2 weeks later because the lighted dot was not visible in the sunlight with any color. The sunlight washed out all the light making the whole idea of the spark scope non functioning. It works great indoors, but outside the dot disapeared. So in my opinion from my experience with it id save the money or spend it on a scope with an up pin or use a sticker. I find it odd that it made it through testing and was released with such a major flaw in the design.

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I was thinking I might like the fine cross hairs anybody used them I believe they are visible even without a light

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I own both a Spark Pro and a Spark Hunter. I love my Spark Pro. As for the light, yes it isn't visible in sunlight, but honestly, I never turn the light on, inside or out, I still can see my dot.

Now, I have a 2x cross hair lens on my Hunter model. Well, I didn't care for it hunting. I had to mess with a scope cover to make sure I didn't damage the lens walking through the woods, and then had to deal with rain or snow on the lens. I got it for a pretty good deal, so I've got the lens if I ever want to use just a 2x for target. I ended up going back to an up pin without a lens for hunting, but still believe strongly in my Spark Pro.

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info I did not think about the whole lens thing think I will just stick with the pin for hunting

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I was thinking about the Spark for turkey hunting. I use exclusively bullheads and felt the circle lens would be sweet! Opinions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts