Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between these to companies Spot-Hogg and Copper John which in your opinions be a better sight(durability-quality-brightness),im looking at the spot hogg hogg-it and the copper john widowmaker,any thoughts on these two companies.

·
Registered
688 Posts
SH vs CJ

I have owned both. I started out with a Copper John Micro Supreme and now I am shooting with a Spott Hogg Hogg-IT 5-pin wrapped .10

The pins on the spot hogg are much more adjustable. I like that each pin is micro adjustable for both elevation and windage. the brightness of the pins are close. I really cannot say anything bad about either sight, I just happen to prefer the SH sight.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Copper John is also tough, except the new pins are not as tough, but are micro-thin and you can barely see them. Made out of spring steel I think. Haven't permanently bent one yet but I'm sure it's possible. Their fibers are also 10 times tougher. Scope ring is bigger and brighter, and there's a camo option. But the spot hogg does have easier adjusting and tougher pins, and you can replace the fibers on them.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Think the new ones come out in mid feb. Im interested in the mark I and mark III. Think they will have micro wind and elevation but not micro pins. The mark I looked like it would have a good price for a solid sight.

·
--------------
1,824 Posts
The only thing about the spott hogg that I don't like is the level, tiny and hard to see, the fluid in mine has faded til it's almost clear, other than that they are bullet proof and really easy to adjust. I think it would be almost impossible to break one.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I currently have the supreme and think its a great sight for what you can get them for but the micro pins dont always move smothly and evenly. Never tried the widowmaker but would guess the SH to be better. I dont have an extra arm and leg to buy one though.:teeth:

·
Registered
490 Posts
spot hog all the way. I have shot both and prefer spot hog.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
+1 for the hogg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts