Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im piecing together a bow. PSE surge with Code Red drop rest. I am looking at sights and looking to either buy a used Hogg it Hunter 5 Pin or TruGlo Carbon XS Xtreme 5 Pin. The used Hogg it is around $125 and a new TruGlo Carbon is only $50. Obviously a big price difference. My main question is, I am new bow hunter and do I need to go with Hogg It or will TruGlo treat me well for the next year or so? Please help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm sure the tru glo would do you just fine, but if you buy the spot hogg this time you won't have to worry about buying another sight. They're built like a tank, bright pins, solid construction, and great customer service. You can't go wrong with Spot Hogg.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Spot Hogg sights are fantastic. I have a Tommy Hogg and love it. They're all built like a tank, but they are heavy. I don't mind the extra weight.

TruGlo is a decent sight, but I'd go with the Spot Hogg personally. The extra $75 is money well spent, and the sight will last forever.

For me, when it comes to equipment, I find a price point I can afford, and then I spend a good bit more than that. And in the long run, I'm always glad I did. I enjoy archery much more knowing my equipment is better than I am. It gives me room to grow and improve every day. Outgrowing your equipment is much more expensive than buying the high end stuff right off the bat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Making this an easy decision! :+1:?:+1:?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also what about the real deal? Any good or should I stick with Hogg it hunter?

·
Premium Member
26,835 Posts
The Real Deal would be my #1 choice out of all the Spot hogg sights built.....Grizz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the "Right On" im seeing one on ebay right now for a decent price

·
Premium Member
26,835 Posts
Spot hoggs are a great buy,buy with confidence...tough as nails,i like a "no" frills hunting sight....The "Right On" will serve you well....Grizz

·
Banned
841 Posts
tru glo is like a sight you get on a mediocre mid priced all set up hunting package bow. The Hogg is what discriminating, knowledgeable pin shooters buy for theyre bows.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The Hogg It is the best multi pin sight you can buy imo. Get the Spot Hogg and you will save money in the long run because you will never need another sight, unless you decide to try a single pin slider someday.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Another plus with Spot Hogg is that their warranties run with the sight and not just the original buyer. If you can manage it, I recommend the wrapped housing with bullet proof pins rather than the older exposed pins on the Hogg-It.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you view your bow as an investment...Spot Hogg. Both can fill a freezer though.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
If you buy the hogg it for $125 and later on decide to sell it for what ever reason you'd probably be able to sell it for the same price. Truglo sights don't hold there value at all.
Y

·
Registered
828 Posts
Buy the Hogg it. Hands down the best 5 pin sight out there. I absolutely love mine and I paid twice that price for it. Would do it all over again in a heart beat.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
Umma fan of both sights. For the money, the Truglo used to be great. But they used to make the ring portion out of Aluminum...not anymore! Now the individual pins are a PIA to move!
Just go SpotHogg.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts