Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
styger
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 3 finger Whipper Snapper in already. I have trouble with a consistent anchor sometimes with a thumb release. I don't use a peep and consistent anchor and hand rotation is the only way for me to shoot high 280's at 20 yards with no peep. Well, this open hook design that they have and the linkage mechanism has been great for me so far. Check out the open hook design if you get a chance.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Just a question I'm guessing your a hunter why did you go with the open hook instead of the closed. Great release I have 3 and 4 finger closed hook ones

·
styger
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about using it for hunting and the open hook seems simpler and easier to connect in a hurry. However, the biggest reason was that the open hook wasn't twisting or kinking the d loop as bad as I rotated my hand. For me this makes a huge difference on point of impact while shooting. If I rotate my hand further I hit higher and slightly to the right consistently. The phenomenon has been reduced for me with the open hook.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
I am getting a wise guy and think that the open hook design will be better for clutch situations. Especially pronghorn hunting because they are super stealthy and jump at anything and the way it folds behind for crawling it is like PERFECT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts