Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I drop the cash I was interested in opinions of the spot hogg sight. The 2 things that concern me is how easy they are to adjust and sight in and the brightness of the fibreoptics. There seem like a lot of screws on that sight and I'm not the most mechanical guy. I currently have an impact sight but to be trurhful it is TOO bright when shooting in bright sunshine. I have only seen pictures in ads of the spot hogg pins and cant get a feel for how bright they would be ( both indoor for 3-D league and outdoor for hunting) Any info would be appreciated by me and my wallet
Northwoods:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
northwoods....I own two....And love them...trust me they are not that hard to figure out....:D I have small pin guard and a big pin guard with a lense...I actually like the larger pin guard better...I dont care for the lense and have since removed it...But to me I can see the pins better on the larger pin guard....Hope this helps ya......

·
Registered
548 Posts
i use the Real Deal model and i absolutely love this sight. its super easy to adjust and it stays put once you adjust it. i think this is thier best model for hunting. the gang adjustments are great and the micro adjustable pins are a big plus too. i do have a little bit of a hard time seeing the pins inside but that just cause i have poor eyesight. outside they are great for me though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Real Deal. Worth every penny. Sight is tough as nails and very easy to adjust. I would rate the brightness of the pins as slightly above average.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nwoods ....... they are easy to adjust , pins work well even with my poor old eyes , they are bullet proof and IMHO the best site on the market :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just purchased one, and I love it. It is built well, and has a number of great features which make it simply one of the best sites on the market.
Here is another consideration: I purchased the site for "calibration". I ordered the 2" housing, which creates a nice circle inside my hunter size peep--a circle in a circle, instant calibration, really improves grouping!!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Have a real deal on my bow right now. I absoloutely love it. Easy to adjust when it's needed, and locks down very securely afterwards.

The pins are plenty bright. I can shoot outside until way past legal hunting hours and still see them.

·
home of Tim's Taxidermy
1,362 Posts
in a word i'd just have to say "YES" for my money there the best pin sight on the market but don't waste your money on there lenses

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
They make the best pin sight on the market hands down. Nobody else comes close. The can be adjusted for days and it is not hard to do either. They are super tough and once you get them dialed in they will stay put. They are worth the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts