Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spot hogg, hogg it 5 pin site. I was wondering when people adjust their pins right and left, where are the pins in relation to the vertical wire in the middle of the site? Like on the end of the pin, do most people have the end to the left of the wire, on perfect center, or to the right? And by how much? It just seems like it kind of blocks my view when shooting longer yardages. But I know it's there for a reason... hmmm.

Also is it better to have the site extended all the way out from the bow?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have my pins adjusted at the center of the wire, and since I focus on the target spot the pin is blurry and I don't notice the wire at all. Likewise, I only shoot out to 40 yards.

As far as how far out your sight is from the riser, that depends on the size of your peep when viewed at full draw. The sight housing should be just inside the peep when viewed at full draw during the bright sun light. Don't ask me why, but for some reason the sight housing will fill up the peep aperture more when the sun is high and bright then when shooting at low light.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think your focus is on the pin to much. Just like Sweaver said i dont notice my either.

·
Registered
17,263 Posts
Mine is perfect center and I don't focus on the wire either but I use it as a starting point when lining up on my target.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have my pins on center of wire. I use wire to line up the target as im bringing my sights down on target then i just blurr it out and don even notice it. Thats why I went with spott hog sight because of the wire helps get lined up left to right.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Mine is centered also, I never notice it when shooting, but I use it when spliting the pins. If shooting at 45 yds center the wire and split the pins. between the 40 and 50 yd pins

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
My pins center the wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts