Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried or own this release and have an opinion! I've read one review and he thought it was too complicated for him, any opinions!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have a Keeton along with thumb, tension activated and hinge releases. I found the Keeton to be a bit awkward at first but like anything it takes time to get use to any new release. Most archers expect instant results and give up to soon. For me the Keeton is a great release; I like shooting it with my middle finger.

·
Registered
16,678 Posts
I have one but I need to spend time with it before I give it a review. I do wish it had just a hook instead of full capture head.

·
Bowhunter
2,073 Posts
I have one and so far like it. I am shoot it with the middle finger. For me, it did not take too much getting used to it. Feels good through the entire shot sequence. I am less punchy with the middle finger.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I shoot a caliper, thumb, and a Keeton, it's a cross between a thumb and a caliper. You can pull more weight with it, but more importantly, it helps you be a little more steady at full draw. Not very complicated at all, put on a wrist strap, pull with your fingers on the bar, use middle finger to fire it. Mine doesn't have a hair trigger, and I like it that way.--BB

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
I ordered one a couple days ago. it took me a bit to decide to try it, but I like the concept.... look forward to shooting it.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I own one and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I loved mine at first. At two months old mine started letting go at 1/2-3/4 draw. They told me I must have gotten it wet, which it had never seen moisture. They said to spray it with WD-40 and hang it upside down. That didn't work. I had to get an RA number and send it back. They sent me a brand new back and I sold it as unopened.

I would've given the new one a second chance but they went to my heart with a big tube thru my wrist and I just couldn't take a wrist strap anymore and went back to handheld.

I like to draw like a handheld and anchor and shoot like a wrist and it fit the bill for me. Like someone above mentioned, I wish it was a hook like the other Spott Hogg. A caliper just has potential to fail and let go to me and it's in my head.

Before it crapped out the only complaint I had was the spacing. I couldn't shoot middle finger if I wanted I just couldn't get my fingers out from behind it. Also, to set it up short enough to wrap the second knuckle around the trigger, the handheld portion was so deep into your hand you couldn't grip it.

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
I spent a little time with mine today when it arrived. Certainly different, but not awkward, it will be easy to adjust to. I will shoot it with my middle finger, that is the natural position as it sits, and I will have to figure out my anchor, it will have to change, no big deal.

I was surprised that as advertised, it makes drawing your bow substantially easier. So far, so good. Pretty cool release, and very good innovation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts