Archery Talk Forum banner

Spotthogg - Hunter vs. Original

497 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ShotCaLLa
First post, great forum!
Need some quick advice on a SH. I will be using my Diamond Marquis for hunting this season and want to start shooting some 3-D in the spring. Should I go ahead and go with the extended version of the SH instead of the hunter version? I am addicted to being as accurate as possible, and do not think that it will get in the way to much.
Can you all give me some pros and cons of using the "target" SH for hunting.
Thanks in advance!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,469 Posts
I use the Hogg-it for hunting and I don't see any cons from my end. I don't know what kinda hunting your doing ie, stalking or treestand, but even if you stalking I can't really see it getting in the way of anything. I like them both and I think you are making a good choice with either one.

· Registered
497 Posts
hunting bows come and go......but i always have the hogg-it :)
ive hunted/walk n stalk with hogg-it in the african bushveld......and no problems.....in fact it more compact, than some of the hunting sights out there....

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I have 2 Hogg its, but use a discontinued Montana Black Gold model for hunting.The Hunter model is meant for hunting bows. I blew a shot due to a removable bar sight(Not a Hogg) being loose and didnt know it till after the shot.:cry: the Hunter model is more reliable from a mount standpoint for a pure hunting bow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.