Archery Talk Forum banner

Spotting scope recommendation?

574 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JustinM
I am looking to stay under $400 dollars first off.

Weight does not matter, so it doesn't have to be a "hunting scope" per say. Most of the glassing will be done within 1/2 mile of truck or from the truck is most situations so like I said weight is no problem. I will be glassing mostly 1/2 to 3/4 mile at most I would say. Needs to have straight eye piece. Just scouting early and late season.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,010 Posts
I have owned both the Vortex Skyline and the Nomad and have found them both to be very good scopes. They are both within your price range. Both offer good low ligh resolution, but the Skyline is a little better in that department.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
For a scope in that price range you can probably get something used of better quality that would work for you. I'd keep my eye out for something in the classifieds here. I bought a really nice Leupold Gold ring compact spotting scope for a great price several years ago that I'm still quite happy with. You get what you pay for generally with optics and a better quality used one in good condition can save you alot of dough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.