Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently traded off my Sportsman on a Ranger 570. I decided to whip up a set of booms for my 15 gallon spot sprayer. Here's the result so far. 48" wide. Going to go with 45*, 120 * fan tips. Should have excellent coverage and have a total coverage of about 8'. I left 3" of angle iron on each side if I ever decided to add more booms off the side. Need it to quit raining so I can get a coat of paint on it and add the fittings. Had the metal around, so for about $30 I got everything done. They will work in any vehicle w/ a 2" receiver hitch. I will try to post more pictures once it is 100% complete.
20150617_172256.jpg 20150617_172317.jpg

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Have about 30 acres of CRP to maintain. Had a 15 gallon spot sprayer, was OK for thistles but repeated tank filling became a pain. Picked up a 60 gallon pull behind then modified the booms for higher adjustment capabilities. 7' folding booms makes the spraying go much quicker. Can be adjusted to six foot high for taller grasses. You'll like the booms, nice work.

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,827 Posts
I made a cargo carrier to hold the 16gal tank my sprayer is a single tip broadcast sprayer. The cargo carrier will also double as a deer hauler during the season! honda.jpg
,kjg.jpg

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually own a side business doing resident lawn spraying in the spring/fall and use 35 gallon custom sprayers that mount to riding lawn mowers. Already looking into what fitting I would need to use the tank on pump from the tractor sprayer to hook them to the booms of the UTV sprayer.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I actually own a side business doing resident lawn spraying in the spring/fall and use 35 gallon custom sprayers that mount to riding lawn mowers. Already looking into what fitting I would need to use the tank on pump from the tractor sprayer to hook them to the booms of the UTV sprayer.
OK well we are going to need to see some pictures of the finished unit, I'm holding you to it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks like it should do the job intended just fine. Here is one I built for my ATV a couple years back. It fits in the rear received hitch and is adjustable for height, and the outer sections are spring loaded so they may break away and fold back if they hit anything going forward. Doesn't work so good going backwards.

0814131233.jpg

0814131235.jpg

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Here is my ******* engineering. I got a plastic pallet, cut it in half, used straps to hold tank to pallet. Then straps to hold pallet to atv or back of truck bed.
I mounted the bar to the bracket that holds my Herd seeder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts