Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No guns, Just guts.
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have better luck on accuracy with lighter arrows or heavier arrows? Just curious.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've shot GT Velocity pros at 357grains and then shot some Easton FMJ's at around 430 grain out to about 40 yards and couldn't tell much of a difference so far (besides speed and drop) groups were both pretty tight. My CS 30 is 29", number 3 cam, about 72 pounds. The FMJs where penetrating my "the block" about 1-2 inches more though.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
My Spyder Turbo shoots best with arrows between 375-425 gr. I have two sets that I routinely use, my Easton Da'Torch (375 gr) and my Easton Carbon Injexions (409 gr). The Injexions shoot the best - most accurate and quietest. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Mine likes a heavier arrow at distance but at normal hunting distances I dont see much of a difference other than 1-2 inches deeper penatration into the target. I shoot 450 grain Black Eagle carnivores and have like the results.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
my spyder 30 shoots my heavier arrows a little more accurately. I find that i hold better groups with my 380 grain axis over my 355 grain x-weaves. Especially at distances over 80 yards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have shot both easton axis 340's and axis 400's
The 400's tend to shoot faster but the 340's seem to be holding a tighter group beyond 40 yards

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
It does not matter it is all about the weather the arrow will tune or not. With mine I have shot 455 grain arrows as well as 380 grain arrows just as good.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I've found my Spyder Turbo to be much more spine critical than weight. At 65# I shoot GT Velocity Pros 340s and Easton AC Carbon Injection 330s. I would have to say that other than the heavier Eastons feeling more solid and quieter there isn't much difference in accuracy as far as I can shoot accurately. I played with some GT Vel Pro 400s for a while and my groups were noticeably bigger than the 340s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts