Archery Talk Forum banner

Spyder Web Targets

1180 8
Does anyone here use spyder web targets? I have shot them at my pro shop a bit, and I really like them, but Im curious about the life of them. Im in the market for a new target, so Im thinking about one of these, but how does the life compare to other targets?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,525 Posts
We have them at our local shop for over a year now and no problems yet.
My son has the 4x4 in his garage and shoots it at 13 yds and is good ta go. I have the 24x24 and shoot 9yds in my garage and is great. If any troubles all ya gotta do is change the screen. Several ranges around the state have them in now. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up AC

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I bought a 2x2 over a year ago. It has been outside most of that time. The only problem I had withi it for a while was large diameter arrows were not able to pentrate it well at first. They will stick in it now. I also shoot a lot of ACE type of arrows into it and no fletchings have ever been damaged. I have never had a fletching touch the target yet. I guess, the new screens on the target has addressed the problem of the bigger arrows with lighter weight bows.

I have also shot bow with weights up to 75# with normal 5/16 hunting arrows and it has always stopped the arrow before touching the fletching.

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
I've had the 24x24x10 for about 3 years now and it still in great shape. I pretty sure I paid #130.00 for that one. it's a great portable target but it weighs about 40#. Mine doesn't have a flat shooting shooting surface so it's kind of tough to post a flat paper target face on it. Other than that it's great a great target butt.

· Aim Small, Miss Small
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys..I really like these targets, and like I mentioned above, Im in the market for a new target but I dont know much about the spyder webs in terms of target life..I have been shooting blocks for years and I was basically just curious how the life compared to the block. It sounds to me like its probably better, so Im thinking this is gonna be my next target. I just didnt want to spend that much money on a target if I didnt know if I was going to get my money's worth...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.