Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm looking to purchase a cam for the first time. It's an Easter gift for my sons and I want them to have a good first experience. I'm trying to decide between the Spypoint 2n1, the Cuddyback Ambush and the Wildgame Innovations Elite Lightsout 8. Price is a consideration obviously and normally I'm a buy once cry once guy. Overall, quality of pics and ease of use is first, then price. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
501 Posts
well I have never been much of a cuddyback or wildgame fan. I will give the edge to Spypoint because that what I mostly run. The 2n1 looks just like the IR-5 but with the option of black LED's. I can say that I love my IR-5. Pics and trigger time are pretty good. Video is pretty terrible. I only use video mode during early season just to see how the deer are reacting to the camera then if they don't react to the camera I switch it to photo mode. Battery life is awesome. I have seen well over 6 months. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I have an IR-5 and have been happy with it. Haven't tried video yet.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have the spypoint G-4. I like the pics and the video. the sound is cool to. Another cam I would recommend is the covert mp6

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Out of your choices I'd go with the Spypoint.
Wouldn't touch the WG if they were giving them away.
Also, take a look at the Covert cameras.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I would highly recommend the Spypoint G4 that is sold through Gander Mountains website. The video with sound is really nice and the batteries last a long time. Spypoint also has a new black flash camera that looks similar to the G4 that I am thinking might be my next camera. Cuddeback takes good pictures but the detection range is lacking along with battery life and the limited settings. They don't have video on the Cuddebacks I've owned and I don't like only having 4 delay options. I would never give a $ of my money to any product that says Wildgame Inovations on it. If you read reviews you will see they have a very high return rate and overall poor performance reviews. Also, if you have ever seen the Wildgame Nation show put on my those guys they are not exactly what I call classy hunters.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I also have spypoint and wgi cams.
Can't speak for the Covert but I hear good things.
I'll just say you'd do yourself a favor by taking the wgi off the list. Got burned by two of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts