Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpyPoint Tiny W-2 cameras come with a remote "Black Box" unit and a camera. They advertise you can mount the camera & the remote black box over 80 yards apart & when the camera takes a picture, it wirelessly sends the picture to the "black box". Hence, you can view the pictures the camera takes from the remote black box without actually going into the area where the camera is mounted.
I've made numerous tests where the camera & black box were mounted in a wooded area approximately 50 to 60 yards apart. To date, the black box is only receiving about 40% of the pictures that the camera is taking. I've contacted the company & was told to reload the software, sinc the camera & black box, test the distance between the two units to assure the distance is within specs & only use Lexar SD cards. I did all of this & I'm still only getting about 40% of the pictures at the black box.
Anyone out there using the SpyPoint Tiny W-2 camera? Having any issues??

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great customer service... After discussing the aforementioned situation with SpyPoint, they have agreed to replace the camera & black box at no cost to me. The picture quality of the Tiny W-2 is great, trigger time is zero due to two side viewers that sense movement/heat & turn the camera on before the critter is in front of the camera. All-in-All, SpyPoint have a great product.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Three cameras later (two tiny W-2's & 1 W-3, several software updates, hours on the phone with their tech guys & it still doesn't work. Save yourself a ton of grief .. stay away from the Spypoint Tiny W-2 & W-3; they DONOT perform as advertised!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
They will not do what they say they will, after 4 attempts with them sending replacements(W3 model), I just said blah...

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
This is consistent with the research I did, and why I will not buy one of these...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was really looking to purchase one of these cameras to catch some trespassers. Do you guys know of any similar cameras. I love the idea of the images being stored separate from the camera but already have one MMS camera and don't want to pay another phone bill. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I have a Spypoint Tiny W, and sorry to say it doesn't work. I've had difficulties setting it up, and when everything looks good (remote receiver is green), I don't get any pictures.
I use the camera as surveillance on my property as well as for hunting purposes. It stayed on a pine tree over the winter pointed at the house and when I took it down to replace the batteries, it didn't even turn on. Nothing. As though there were no batteries in it at all. I tested the batteries, all were fresh and fully charged. I tried the house adapter and still no luck. I am in the process of contacting Spypoint, perhaps even returning the camera so that their tech department can examine the camera and see what happened. This camera is no more than two years old and has not been abused.
On a more upbeat note, I do have some larger Spypoint cameras that I have had for years, using 6 "C" size batteries that work great, and have never failed me. I thought the Tiny-W would be like the others - no problems, dependable, easy to set up.
Anyway, going to give Spypoint a chance to see and examine this camera to figure out what is wrong. Perhaps tweak any new generation of Spypoint cameras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts