Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some shafts cut the other day and noticed the cut ends are uneven is there any way to square the end beside using the g5 squaring device which I don't but may have to buy.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
who cut them?

I would probably make them replace it if I wanted that length and they messed me up, problem with carbons is that you don't just want to hit them with a file. If possible I would recut by turning the shaft with the blade just barely into the shaft that keeps the ends square then you just need to hit the ends with the deburrer.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
The G5 ASD is a great investment! :thumbs_up
What he said. I can't believe that I ever got by without one..............

I finally ponied up the $39.00 and it is worth every penney. I also use it on BOTH ends of the arrow to make sure than my nock bushing is fitting right as well.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Another vote for the G5.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
G5

Great tool - use it alot.

Just curious why they don't make a cutter big enough for the 26 series arrows.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
What he said. I can't believe that I ever got by without one..............

I finally ponied up the $39.00 and it is worth every penney. I also use it on BOTH ends of the arrow to make sure than my nock bushing is fitting right as well.
Ditto the Ditto . Worth every penny.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,921 Posts
i made my own squaring tool , ill take a pic and try to describe how i did it

very easy ,an only cost me a few cents,and it works perfectly

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,921 Posts
ok here they are, the one on the left is for regular size carbons
and the one on the right is for smaller diameter arrows
like my easton redlines and such

pretty east to do , all you need is a cutoff wheel for a dremel and something flat with a hole in it and a screw that the nock will fit over

glue the cutoff wheel onto the flat part put the screw through the hole
(you will have to ream the wheel out a bit)
and push the nock onto the screw .

the nock makes sure the arrow is square while you turn it , i do all my arrows with these ,and they always spin true

Attachments

·
Registered
4,931 Posts

pretty east to do , all you need is a cutoff wheel for a dremel and something flat with a hole in it and a screw that the nock will fit over

the nock makes sure the arrow is square while you turn it , i do all my arrows with these ,and they always spin true
Good idea :wink:
I bet that was cheaper than the $40 I spent :confused:

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
I had some shafts cut the other day and noticed the cut ends are uneven is there any way to square the end beside using the g5 squaring device which I don't but may have to buy.

ASD baby 37.00 all day long

·
Addicted to Archery
480 Posts
I'm with everyone else. Some of the best money I have spent. Helps control the broadheads by keeping them square and also keeps the nock end square everytime.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
This one cost me less than a dollar. It's 3 peices of sanded 2 X 4 clamped together with 3/8" bolts. I drill a hole exactly the same diameter as my arrow through the first 2 pieces which are glued together and slip in some 80 or 100 grit sandpaper before tightening the whole thing. I then just slide in the shaft and turn it until it is squared. Works perfectly. I do both ends of the shaft.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,286 Posts

I was about to order that ASD that everyone else was recommending until I saw your post.
Ingenious man, simple ingenious!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
G5 works for me

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Those are good ideas since I already have an investment in Axis 400 arrows you guys answered allot of questions. Broad head flight is much better when everything is true.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts