Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys square your insterts after the arrows are all assembled? Thanks and God Bless

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Do you guys square your insterts after the arrows are all assembled? Thanks and God Bless
Only on arrows I'm going to install broadheads on. The G5 squaring tool makes this a very simple task.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input guys i will try this..... thanks again and God Bless

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
every one of them ...

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Yep, I square both ends of the carbon and then the insert face...I have found it to make a difference sometimes when it comes to spinning an arrow.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I square both ends of the carbon and then the insert face...I have found it to make a difference sometimes when it comes to spinning an arrow.
Thank you, that is exactly why i am asking. I bought some swhackers yesterday for my elk hunt and only 3 arrows spine true after the inserts were installed...... Thanks and God Bless..............................

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts
yes

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
I never have b 4, but the more I read , definatly going to start, I usually just spin test to make sure bh r good

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
What side of the g5 asd do you use for squaring inserts?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I cut and square both ends of the shaft, but don't bother with the insert.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
What side of the g5 asd do you use for squaring inserts?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
Can anyone answer this?

I have a G5 tool but both ends of the stone are the same axcept one end has a line engraved around it and the other end doesn't. No other markings..

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Can anyone answer this?

I have a G5 tool but both ends of the stone are the same axcept one end has a line engraved around it and the other end doesn't. No other markings..
It depends. For the aluminum inserts I will use the side with the cutter that is to be used for aluminum. For shafts like FMJ's and ACC's I use the side that is gritty and is to be used with carbon shafts. The side with the vertical line running through the center is the one for aluminum.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
It depends. For the aluminum inserts I will use the side with the cutter that is to be used for aluminum. For shafts like FMJ's and ACC's I use the side that is gritty and is to be used with carbon shafts. The side with the vertical line running through the center is the one for aluminum.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming that.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I also square both ends of the carbon and the insert face. G5 ASD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts