Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many folks here squirrel hunt (or just nail squirrels) - what's your arrow look like and are you using FLU FLU. That said - can FLU FLU go through a fall away ULTRA without a hitch? Lastly does anyone here shoot pest birds, crow and Grackle (not in flight) - if so what's your set up like?

Thanks guys!

Pete

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm planning to go rabbit/squirrel hunting next week with a friend and I'm going to be using my bow. I'm just using judo points on my regular arrows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shoot squirrel off my back porch with the same setup I use for deer, just changing to carbon express small game points. I'm a little worried that this might be over kill it mangled one leg so badly there wasn't any meat worth saving and nearly had a pass through. From my experience, hitting them with an arrow does more damage than a pellet rifle or a .22lr and roughly as much damage as shooting them with a .177 HMR. 12 gauge turns them into squirrel soup.

For fun, I'd use the pellet rifle, for practice my bow, if i were hungry the .22. When I get older and lax I'll use a .177 HMR.

knocked it dead in its tracks.

squirrel.jpg

I had to cut this arrow out. The springs got entangled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts