907 Posts
Thanks for posting!

Season opens here in a couple weeks! Sure makes it look clean and easy:eek:

Jim

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
thats the way I was taught

I was taught to do it that way but I can get it done faster than that if I got someone to hold the feet for me while I make the first cut...once you get into a rythm you can crank squirrels out slicker than you know what.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
That's how I do it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks

I was put off by people telling me how hard they are to skin. Not anymore! look out here I come . Taste good I hope. Thanks :tongue:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
That's the way my grandfather taught me to skin those treerats 52 years ago. Sometimes it gets messy if the squirrels are shot up pretty good.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Love to eat um!

Thanks for the post, I kinda stopped hunting um cause they were such a pain to clean but that sure looks easier than what I do.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
videos like that just make it so much easier

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Skin em as u hunt....
1. shoot one 2. put on the latex gloves 3. skin em an gut em 4. take out your wire cutters and cut off the legs( just above the feet) 5. cut into 5 pieces...2 hind legs, back and 2 front legs...throw away the ribs and fur....takes about 5 to 6 minutes...by this time the tree rats are out again cutting on nuts..killed 6 last evening in 2 hours with skinning them...makes it nice..cause when your done hunting your done cleaning....and then:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
We cut the skin in the middle of the back.. 1/2 way between the front/rear legs. Grab ahold of each piece of skin w/ one side in each and and pull apart... Works very well on Greys.. the Fox Squirrels are a little tougher.

·
run'em
711 Posts
Did you notice how limber that squirrel still was?
The sooner you clean them the easier it is.
As one said earlier, make sure you have someone hold the back legs. Its much easier and cleaner than doing it on the ground.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been squirrel huntin 4 times this year and limited out 3 of them and killed 4 on the other one. Thats the way my dad showed me how to skin them bout 10 years ago. Those hunts where i killed my limit i hunted less than a hour and was back home skinning them

·
Registered
744 Posts
trapshooter said:
Did you notice how limber that squirrel still was?
The sooner you clean them the easier it is.
As one said earlier, make sure you have someone hold the back legs. Its much easier and cleaner than doing it on the ground.
They are easier to clean while they are warm, just carry a ziplock bag to put them in.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts