Archery Talk Forum banner

SS34/CP30/Omnia/Phase4 today

13K views 63 replies 31 participants last post by  MELLY-MEL 
I have a V3x 33. I love it. It is my first Mathews since 2008. Every time I pick it up, I am amazed at the quality and attention to detail. The bow is just freaking nice, period. I like a LOT of brands…I do. The things that made me go with Mathews this year were these: The way the company backs it customers, and you can literally get ANY part, for ANY bow, they have EVER MADE. That was a huge factor for me. They make a very high quality bow. Many people cry about the switch weight mods, I freaking love them. I have played around with different weights, draw lengths, and even let off in this bow. Not to mention when I bought it, the dude must have had his head in the clouds, because I asked for a 28.5, and he gave me a 29.5. So that alone would have been a way bigger issue, and a harder fix had it been dedicated DL specific cam. I like the different advancements on their bows. The SAS is pretty sweet, I liked that. The bow is silly quiet, and vibe free. The bow is decently fast for what it is…no barn burner, but plenty enough for what I need the bow to do. I like the integrated accessories, the biggest for me is the sight mount , it is awesome. The way the center guard cable guide has the cables at the very center is also a bonus, and if you look at the bow at rest, from the side…the cables are not full of torque or lateral pressure. I love the way the bow draws and settles on target. I love the way the bow feels and behaves at the shot. Another thing I almost NEVER hear people talk about, is how slow and smooth I can let down at full draw, and that is HUUUGE in a hunting bow for me. I hunt big Ohio white tails, and white tails can be super wary…so if I can not hold at FD any more, it is nice to be able to let down slowly, and quietly without a quick, jerky let down. I do think they are a bit greedy with the new stab system…$700 for front and back bars, with a mount is just plain stupid, and $20 per extra weight, they could sell those for HALF that, and still make a good profit. They are a bit proud of their stuff, which is okay…but they have crossed the line on the stabs in my opinion. I also love Matt, and what he stands for, and what he has done for the archery community. Yes, they do get a lot of hate, but that’s just how people are…for some reason, fanboys will crap on what ever they don’t choose, because their lack of intelligence doesn’t allow them to accept the fact that there is a LOT of great stuff on the market, and people should be able to like what they want. Mathews is a great company, that makes great products, and backs their customers…that with everything I already mentioned, is why I chose them this year. I see issues and things I don’t like…but that is with EVERY company on the planet. Mathews is a great company, period.

His conclusion (as cited) was based entirely in the draw cycle. Point is that it’s a very different experience with the smooth mods, not that he would have necessarily favored the bow over the others. But when anyone concludes the Mathews is great they are ignoring a suboptimal draw cycle vs other options - including the Omnia with smooth mods.
I don’t see why all the hate for the draw cycle on the Mathews, for you they may suck…I have the x33, at 28.5 and I don’t mind it at all. I can draw it slow and smooth, and the let down is awesome…better than any bow I have shot. I loved the Omnia, and I agree 100% that the draw cycles between performance, and smooth are night and day…but I also see a LOT of people shoot, and I think probably 80% of them are pulling too much weight. But he obviously had no option to shoot the smooth mods….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.