Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see this email floating around about a hunt on St Martin Island in Michigan? I guess it's a private island in Lake Michigan near the Wisonsin border. Just wondering if anyone can verify if it's a true story or not. I can't believe it's a true story. The island is only about 1mile x 2 miles wide.

Here is the email i recieved and I attached the pics too.

>>>>>>>>>>>
For those that don't already know...Terry Short is a Warden in Upper
Michigan .
======================
From our raid on St. Martins Island on Nov. 19, 2009.
31 bucks and 9 does on the pole. Nothing smaller than a 7 point.
Another approx. 10 deer, antlers, and heads found on the ground around the camp. A mix of smaller bucks and does. 10 deer without tags, approx. another 10 deer with wives/girlfriends tags. Investigation continues.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
sick. that's all I have to say. killing spree
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Kind of fishy.....bust a bunch for poaching then take group photo????most had smiles on there face.:confused:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
No poaching really, 9 or 10 deer that were not tagged yet, but the guys did have the tags. There was thread in the bowhunting section about this, trying to cull a lot of deer to better manage the small herd on the island.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just can't imagine that many big bucks getting taken out on an island that is supposedly only ~1 x ~2 miles in size. What are they feeding those deer on that island? They look like farm fed bucks from the southern Michigan areas. Can anyone confirm the real story here? If these guys got busted for poaching then why are those DNR officers posing with them in the picture?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I just can't imagine that many big bucks getting taken out on an island that is supposedly only ~1 x ~2 miles in size. What are they feeding those deer on that island? They look like farm fed bucks from the southern Michigan areas. Can anyone confirm the real story here? If these guys got busted for poaching then why are those DNR officers posing with them in the picture?
send it into Snopes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lukenbow, thanks for the update link. That island must be amazing. If i win the "Big Game" tonight, $140,000,000 as of today, I'm buying my own hunting island!!! It's like having your own natural game ranch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts