Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between the expensive sticks and the cheaper one. I realize there better, but what makes them better. I'm looking at getting a new B stinger either 20" or 24". .. Thanks

·
(aka lug nut)
49,651 Posts
What's the difference between the expensive sticks and the cheaper one. I realize there better, but what makes them better. I'm looking at getting a new B stinger either 20" or 24". .. Thanks
The grade of carbon tubing.
AS the stiffness rating of the carbon tubing goes up (stronger tubing, same diameter ) then the price goes up.

So, the stiffer your front stabilizer, the more stabilizer power you get.

Ever try a wobbly stabilizer?
Once you get to full draw,
you wait and wait and wait and wait for your sight picture to stop wobbling.

With the stiffest stabilizer you can afford,
your shots group TIGHTER, your score better....once you have your stabilizers tuned to YOUR sweet spot.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,651 Posts
Now,
there is a "DOWNSIDE" to a super stiff stabilizer tube.

You must ALSO have a shock absorption system as well
and an adjustable shock absorption system system is best.

So, the more expensive sticks have highly engineered, adjustable shock control tuning systems.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!! That makes sense, guess I won't skimp on price lucky for me I just got $200 gift card to Lancaster archery. Merry Christmas to me!!!!

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
IMO, the Doinkers are tough to beat. Super tough, stiff and come with a supreme dampeneing Doinker for vibration. I am very impressed with my Platinum Hi Mod setup

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
What nuts&bolts said
And you can't go wrong with B stinger stuff they are great

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
We ended up going with Shrewd this year and so far we are liking the results. Not the most expensive and not the cheapest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nuts and bolts is bang on the money there

some main advantages to the carbofast rods is how there stiffness is implemented and the tapered end which affects stability and hold
makes them tough to beat even if i am biased :p

but thats just me
always go with what you feel fits :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I guess I will be the odd man out. First and foremost is you need a stabilizer. If it damps vibration that's good but not the main function of a stabilizer. I can't believe what stabilizers cost. For me it is a rock on the end of a stick. An important stick and rock though.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,756 Posts
Friend bought one the less expensive carbon stabs. Thought it was great until he shot. The stabilizer bounced up and down, bow bounced up and down and his bow arm with it ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Stiff rods help you to settle faster onto the target the problem lies when you let the shot go where the vibe goes. At Carbofast we've developed a way of absorbing vibe through the use of different materials & Hi Modulus fiber types in the core structure of our super stiff rods. The advantage to this is you can then add rubber dampeners if you think they are required.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So what about a hunter set up then? 8-12 inches does this hold true with the shorter stabs.( stiff ). Or doesn't it really matter fora hunting set up.going to try the hunter class this year if not next year for sure.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
When using a shorter rod to get the same level of stabilization you would be required to have a lot more weight on the short rod. The shorter the rod you are more likely not to feel the flex as much as the stiffness is over a shorter length.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
We stock 10",12"&15" short rods. Their make up material is the same as our longer stabilizers except they are parallel rather than tapered.
The same vibe dampening material is incorporated into the structure of the rod.
If you wanted something shorter that's possible too.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Don't discount those carbofast systems. There are some serious shooter sporting them and giving rave reviews. That where I will be heading..

http://carbofastdirect.com
Yes this ^^^^^^^^^^^ Stiff with superior dampening from all reports so far. Ive seen a lot of doinkers, b stingers and blades hit the classifieds because of these Carbofast rods. Mine are on the way

1 - 20 of 23 Posts