Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy a bowtech revolt x. What stabilizer should I get for it? I will be mostly just whitetail hunting with it.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
I just bought a carbon pro 11.5 for my hunting bow, nice stab and priced cheap, stabilizers have become quite expensive and unless you run something really long I do not see the advantage?

fleabay for like 30 bucks, they have a shorter one as well.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A CBE 7.5 “ torx works well on my Revolt X. I’m not running a back stabilizer just a front and it works for my hunting set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Crossover stabilizers are a good option. I have one that adjusts from 8"-21" attached with a quick disconnect. I rarely use the full length for target shooting and my groups at 50+ yds have improved.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
its a bit expensive but a BStinger micro hex counterslide, you can balance your bow pretty well w/ it and it counter balances your sight quiver and rest. I thought they were kind of a gimmick til I tried one

·
Registered
7 Posts
its a bit expensive but a BStinger micro hex counterslide, you can balance your bow pretty well w/ it and it counter balances your sight quiver and rest. I thought they were kind of a gimmick til I tried one
I have one on my Bowtech Realm and it works great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a set of WickStick bars for my RevoltX. They are nice bars and have options to easily customize the color scheme which for me, was a big plus. I ended up getting the 12" and 8" hybrid hunter combo. It comes with the (2) bars, as well as a front and rear QD connection for $204. Good luck!

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Stabilizers are a personal choice. What feels and looks good to one person may not work for you. I would advise going in to a bow shop and checking out everything they have. Ask your friends who shoot to let you try theirs for a day or two. I've tried many brands and lengths of stabilizers until I found what works best on each of my bows. It's funny; I have an 11.5 Vibracheck Pro carbon and 6 oz of weight on one bow and it balances perfectly and dampens vibrations just the way I like it. On another bow, it won't hold worth a crap but it is deathly quiet. I have a 10" beestinger sport hunter extreme with 3 oz on the end on my PSE Evolve and that's working great. On my Elite, I have a 7" cheap bowjax stabilizer with 2 dampeners and 2 oz weights w/end cap.. Dead still on the shot and Dead in the hand. I have a 10" Dead Center V2 in my workbench that I intended to put on my Elite, but the cheap bowjax feels much better (but ugly as sin). I also have an 8" (I believe) Stokerized acrylic with weighted saturn end in the bench also. I keep plenty of weights available to work with, but in the end, I just use what seems to work best for me. You can pay a few hundred dollars for a stabilizer setup, or much less....and not end up satisfied with what you payed for. I usually ask all of my shooting buddies to let me try one of theirs to see how it works on my bows. In the end, I find what works and that's where I put my money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This ^^^ It works great on my RX3 Ultra.

·
Registered
15,406 Posts
Stabilizers are best, test driven.
Go to the shop, try a few out, buy the one that works best.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts